1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Virginia Regiment 1754

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Markus, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hallo Friends,

here comes my latest work...

...it is a 54mm figure and it shows a trooper at rest, of the Virginia Regiment 1754.

Just some short works and it will be finished....(and I can start the next).

I hope you like it.

Happy sculpting,
    Markus

:) :) :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Markus,
    this guy looks fantastic. I like the nice casual pose! This may be nitpicking, but I have just one thought. The coat tails in back of the figure look like they should be draping away from the figure just a bit more. Does that make sense? They just look like they would be out a bit more due to his pose being reclined like it is. Otherwise great stuff!

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Is this a one off?
  4. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Markus

That is a realy nice looking piece, I too would like to know if its going to be a commercial piece, I would just love to paint it...

Dave
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Markus,

Another fantastic sculpt. I wish that it is commercial. Really wanted to have one.

marc
  6. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Markus,

very nice figure, fine details, realistic position, great job! (y) If I may add another little comment to Jay's, the top two (unbuttoned) buttons on the jacket look off line compared to how much is the jacket open on the top.

Keep us informed!

Denes
  7. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    I love this one.
    Very nice....

JP
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Markus
  9. tefaet Active Member

Spain
    Nice work Markus, good position and expresions,I like to have one.
    Regards Jose Luis
  10. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Markus, Nice work. The virginia Regiment is one of my 18th century favorites. A few comments, and these are minor things. The two top buttons look a bit out of place. It might look a bit better to have most of the 2nd button from the top underneath the coat. The left side of the "skirt" of the coat would have looked a bit more natural hanging down. It's not a big deal, I'm sure the figure will paint up well.~Gary
  11. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Great stuff Markus, not ignoring the "knit picking" of Jay and Gary however which is very constructive IMHO..........Great sculpt nonetheless and I agree with Gary again that it will paint beautifully ;)

Keep them rolling mate,

Ray :)
  12. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    @Jay: Thank you very much for looking and commenting. I´m glad you like the figure. You are right about the fold in the back...I just have started to redo them a little bit !!!

@Matthew: No, it will be a commercial piece.

@Dave: Again, it is a commercial piece....it will be very nice to see your painted version - but I can`t tell you when this little man will be released...

@Marc: It will be a pleasure for me to see this little man painted by your hands !!!!

@Denes: Thanks for your feedback !!! I will redo the second button !!!

@JP: Thank you very much !!!

@Guy: Lots of thanks !!!

@Jose Luis: Thanks !!! I´m looking forward to see it painted by your talented hands !!!

@Gary: Thank you very much for your comment and your suggestions. For me it is very worthful to read your thoughts. And I just have started to redo what you meant. I really appreciate your input !!!

@Ray: Thanks for looking and commenting !!! And believe me: I enjoy all your comments and critiques, because they give me the chance of development !!!

The best wishes my friends and thanks again,

Markus

13. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Glad to hear it.
  14. Kyle Member

United-States
    Markus, I think you have done a great job with this subject.

I especially like the way you have captured his hungry, thin stature. He looks like he is a bit undernourished, which would have been quite common along the frontier at that time.

Very nice work!

Kyle ;)
  15. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Markus, really a beautiful sculpture, my compliments, looking forward to seeing it painted.

Cheers
    Roc :)
  16. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Markus, I can't wait to see the updated sculpture.~Gary
  17. tefaet Active Member

Spain
    Markus ,of course I´ll be happy to paint any figure I greatly appreciated to you.I like too much the French soldier of WWI.Awesome
    Thanks.Jose Luis
  18. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    @Matthew: It will be very nice to see your coloured interpretation of this little soldier !!!

@Kyle: Thank you very much for your comment !! I´m glad you like the expression of the figure !!!

@Roc: Thanks a lot !!! I´m looking forward to see it painted, too...

@Gary: I do my best to show some more pictures tomorrow and I hope you will like what you see then.

@Jose Luis: You really make me proud !!! I´m looking forward to see your interpretationes of this figures.

Again: Thank you very much gents !!! I really appreciate all your comments !!!

The best wishes my friends,
    Markus

19. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great work Markus,beautiful!
    regards
    christos
  20. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Christos,

thank you very much for looking and commenting. I´m really glad you like it !!!

Best wishes,
    Markus