1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Viking Rus. Pegaso 54mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Uruk-Hai, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hello Figureteers!

Put my last hands to this figure and tried to take better pictures.
    Please comment, especially on the picture quality.

Rus 001 Web.jpg

Rus 002 Web.jpg

Rus 003 Web.jpg

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anvand blixten eller satt dit mer ljus sa vi kan se figuren!
  3. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Easy for you to say, Anders.
  4. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hallå Anders!

Provade med blixt utan något särskilt bra resultat. Det här är egentligen samma bild men inte lika nerförminskad? Bättre eller sämre?

Rus Web 004.jpg

Mvh
    Janne Nilsson
  5. Vikingz Member

United-States
    Janne

Very nice overall presentation, figure, scene, base all work well together.

Me likes alot.
  6. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Makes me wanna re-paint my copy
  7. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Haha Steve!

Janne,

Jo det ar ju battre, man kan se skillnaden mellan skagget och skinnet. Fotot ar fortfarande ganska sa morkt. Kanske ta ett par bords lampor och satt en pa var sida trekarts fran fram sidan och satt dom nara figuren sa den blir 'floodad'? Det ar ju mest att prova sig fram och se vad som fungerar.
  8. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Janne, it looks very good on all fronts IMHO.........

The last pic is a lot better then the previous ones :)

Ray ;)
  9. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    looks good to me
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Rus

Janne ,
    Looks very good although the pics could be clearer to let us all see more of the work you have done , I like the base work especially the shield and axes ..nice idea , my only thought would be to lower it slightly so as not to interfere with the great basework .

Anders ...you took the words right out of my mouth !!!!!!

Nap
  11. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Hi Janne . I am fond of viking too, and always glad to look at a norse figure :)
    Yoi did a very beautiful job with this swedish viking , love a lot.

Cheers and remember me your wonderful Stockholm ( each summer I come back in Sweden for salmon flyfishing ) :)

Stefano
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Janne,
    What i can see from the Dark picture's is that you have done some amazing painting and basework.
    Probaly you can take some more closeups and lighter pictures.

Marc
  13. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Janne
    Great composition. It's always a challenge to tel a 'story' with a single figure. You've nailed it well done.
    regards
    Derek
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting Janne. I agree with others.....these pics are much better.
  15. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice painting Janne, the basework is pretty cool too, I have been working on the same figure and hope to have it finished very soon.

Cheers
    Tommi
  16. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Janne,
    Very nice and great base.
    Cheers,
    John
  17. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Janne excellent paint and basework!

regards,
    Marcel.
  18. dinovision79 Active Member

Nice figure Janne, could you post some close-ups to show more details? The setting is perfect, I like the chest (is that commercial?) and the dark stones, the whole display looks very good!

Thanks
    Denes
  19. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Thanks for all the nice comments, Figureteers!

Lesson learned. Post bigger and brighter pictures. :eek:

Nap:
    The sign comes with the kit. And I agree that it would be better not blocking the scene but I was somehow limited to the bases I had at home so it is kind of a compromize.

Stefano:
    Let me know if you are in the Stockholm region. Im not much for a fisherman myself but I can buy you a beer and show some interesting sights if your interested in vikings.

Derek:
    Thanks, I always try to think what the subject is coming from and where he is at the moment portrayed. This one I pictured as a Hirdman in service of some russian nobleman going through the loot in a fortification after the battle.

Tommi:
    Im looking forward to see your rendition of this figure.

Denes:
    Everything comes with the figure except the ground and the wall. I will try to get some bigger pictures up in a short while.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  20. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Ok, Janne when I am in Stockholm I let you know .. I am very interested in viking and in that period.. i have a degree in History with a thesis historic-archaeological on Lombards ( Lombards have a lot similarity with vikings , they anciently came from Sweden and when they invaded and established in northern Italy they were still pagans , they also had the odin warriors bersekers as the vikings..). I often think when i am in Sweden to take a look to the Uppsala graves sites of the Vendel period..so if you show me some interesting sites i will be very glad... and thank you also for the beer:D:D

cheers Stefano