1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Viking Chief (Pegaso)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ernest, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello fellas, I leave you these pics of this new finished figure from Pegaso Models, hope you like it :)

Cheers

Ernesto

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Attached Files:

kaz6120 likes this.
  2. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Great paint job ernesto,i nearly purchased this myself at euro but decided against it,i'm begining to regret my decision,what a lovely piece from pegaso as are all their figures,i love this figure's pose as well ,he could even be on the bow of a long ship,thanks for posting mate.

Happy modeling
    Smudger / Brian
  3. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    absolutely fantastic work! Everything about it is amazing, the shield is really great. I have got to get this figure.
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Wow Ernesto, that's superb painting. I'm curious why you left the wings off the helmet? It really doesn't matter, the figure looks amazing. The shield is particularly nice.
  5. Sirrius Member

Greece
    Beautiful Ernesto, I just love your "clean" dirty painting............ Superb figure!

Nick
  6. daniel Well-Known Member

France
    O)

Hello Ernest,

Each of your model is a real pleasure for my eyes ... o)

Exceptionnal paint on a big size ...o)

All best

Daniel
  7. PeterR. Member

Germany
    Perfect in every aspect!!! I´m absolutly impressed by your brushwork. What else can one say...

Best Regards

Peter
  8. Magnus A Fixture

Beautiful job Ernesto, good you left the wings out to get rid of the fantasy look.

Great painting, nice skin tones and superb weathering.

I am currently working with the same piece myself, your pictures will be a great inspiration. I am also trying to scratch the bow of a long ship, will see how that turns out or if it just will be to big.

/ Magnus Fagerberg
  9. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Fantastic Painting!!!!!!!

Ernesto,Fantastic!!!!!!!! painting as always.I especially like your weathering techniques,very realistic with that extra pop you add to your painting.I very much like your style of painting and always enjoy looking at your work.You add so many interesting shades and highlights that it makes you want to look at the figure again and again:):):)!!!!

Kind Regards,John:)
  10. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    Hi Ernesto, John has said it all.
    You have an excellent way of painting, that results in a magnificent
    rendition of this great figure. I just love your work!
    All the best,
    Eddy
  11. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Superb work Ernesto. Way to go my friend.

Xenofon
  12. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Woow this in superb painting inthe extreme - I love it Ernesto !! Must see some more of your work, but that shield - best I've seen for a while, MUCHOGRANDE !!:p

Thanks for posting, Robh :D
  13. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    BRAVO Ernesto!!!! As usual outstanding painting!!!

Just as I intend to do with mine (hope to buy him from Catania) I'll omit the wings and use them for another project which I have in mind.

Ray ;)
  14. Robert Laclavik Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Hi Ernesto,
    your version as always thrill my attention. It is worth admiration, mainly the way you threat leather, weathering and I love your contrasts between the cloth and the skin. Face is wonderful, I like slightly pinkish shade in arms and in the cheeks on the face. It is a north warrior so the skin is perfect in my eyes. Cherry on the top of the cake is a shield. It is fantastic what did you do with the simply, regular viking shield. Wonderful weathering on that.
    Ernest you have done again a true masterpiece, and again you made me change mind on that figure, which didn´t took my attention first when it came out by Pegaso.
    Bravo maestro!!!
    best regards,
    R.L.
  15. ATTİLA the HUN Well-Known Member

Turkey
    Ernesto, I love it. Your paintings always Excellent.
    Thanks for sharing.

Regards from TURKEY.........................
  16. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Excellent painting Ernesto. Everything looks spot on. Its nice to see different versions of this figure around.Thats the great thing about this hobby. The perception of each one. Compliments again.
  17. Hardy Guest

Excellent. Hardy
  18. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  19. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    I was waiting for your viking fellow..and I have to say is another masterpiece of yours !! all come together in a superb manner from the colours you have chosen to the weathering effects, very beautiful the shield. You have decided for a more realistic and historical figure so you didn't put the wings on the helmet . I don't know if you already know it but there is a source from the Icelandic sagas that described a viking helmet with raven wings.
    Compliments again..

cheers

stefano
  20. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Ernesto,

I must admit that I like this more then with the wings on the helmet. Its more to reallity.
    Your paintwork, well its absolutely amazing.

Marc