1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Vietnam - 1st Cavalry

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by smudger1960, Jul 10, 2017.

1. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    This was a piece I did back in 2012 but there were some elements of it I wasn't happy with,and over the last 5 years or so ive been contemplating re-doing the areas I wasn't happy with,well I took that decision last week and set about upgrading it a little.
    This was the first carl Reid bust I ever painted and I've learnt a little in these last 5 years and I don't think I did the piece justice back then,however i'm much happier with it now.
    The bust is also converted slightly,because I wanted to depict the soilder wading through water I had to convert the left arm to show the m16 being carried over the shoulder.
    Anyway,i thought I would post it up,i plan to do some more NAM busts in the future.

DSCN5159.JPG DSCN5160.JPG DSCN5162.JPG DSCN5165.JPG DSCN5166.JPG DSCN5167.JPG DSCN5175.JPG DSCN5177.JPG DSCN5178.JPG

Brian
    V.Martin, Grod, myouchin and 5 others like this.
  2. anstontyke A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    yet another stunner brian.

tony
    smudger1960 and Viking Bob like this.
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Nice 0ne Brian.
    smudger1960 and anstontyke like this.
  4. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

many thanks tony
  5. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

thank you bob
    anstontyke likes this.
  6. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    I'm not sure what this looked like prior to the touch ups, but this looks great. As with many of your busts, I love you how created a setting on the base for it (y)
    (I also plan on doing some Nam era subjects myself, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of yours...)

Phil
    anstontyke and smudger1960 like this.
  7. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks phil,it didn't look great to me having done it 5 years ago,I tend to put a lot more work into my pieces now as to before.
    anstontyke and phil_h like this.
  8. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wow, that looks super! Thanks for sharing. Amazed at the amount of detail in your bust and groundwork!(y)

Best of Everything, Terry Martin-Member of the Atlanta Miniature Figure Society
    smudger1960 and anstontyke like this.
  9. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Terry for your coments