1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Victoria cross recipient WWII scale 1/9 part: 2. Mitchell

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by offo, Apr 9, 2014.

1. offo A Fixture

Hi friends as I prepared a series of Knights Cross holders on the German side, so now they are holders of the British VC aging.
    I always picked candidate of Air Force, Navy and Army.
    As a second George Allan Mitchell VC Gordonský of highlanders.
    A separate chapter is itself sculpt VC, which is part of a series.
    Palo - offo

Attached Files:

2. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work.
    Great folds and great detail on the cap badge.
    Gells
    offo likes this.
  3. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Are these being sold commercially?
    Simply because they are superb!
    DEL and offo like this.
  4. swralph A Fixture

Another lovely sculpt(y)
    offo likes this.
  5. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Brilliant set of figures Palo.
    Very realistic detail.
    Well done
    Keith
    offo likes this.
  6. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Great, hope it will be commercial items (MMM?)
    And what about a bust of Charles Upham, how receive VC twice in WWII ?
    Only three men have ever won double VCs, and the other two were medical officers: Col A Martin-Leake, who received the decoration in the Boer War and the First World War; and Capt N G Chavasse, who was killed in France in 1917. Chavasse's family was related to Upham's.
    [IMG]

For all his remarkable exploits on the battlefield, Upham was a shy and modest man, embarrassed when asked about the actions he had been decorated for. "The military honours bestowed on me," he said, "are the property of the men of my unit."
    In a television interview in 1983 he said he would have been happier not to have been awarded a VC at all, as it made people expect too much of him. "I don't want to be treated differently from any other bastard," he insisted.
    When King George VI was conferring Upham's second VC he asked Maj-Gen Sir Howard Kippenberger, his commanding officer: "Does he deserve it?"
    "In my respectful opinion, Sir," replied Kippenberger, "Upham won this VC several times over."

[IMG]

For history :
    http://www.birkenheadrsa.com/vc-charles-upham.html
    [IMG]
    Grod and offo like this.
  7. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    offo likes this.
  8. offo A Fixture

Hey these are great candidates. If so interested in each series will be expanded to other bits. Now will follow a series of three medal winners of the U.S. Congress.
    VC candidates I picked that I inherit aviation, marine and land army.
    When I picked Aviation heart. My priorities include aviation in particular fighter. Here the choice is clear only fighter with VC - Nicholson!
    In the Navy I had a lot of candidates, but in the end, in agreement with producer /?? / I chose submarine ace Wanklyn.
    And in the army it was personal - I wanted an interesting uniform and make happy a friend of Scotland: P. And I also wanted to please my friend Gordon Mitchell of England's why I chose Scotsman named Mitchell from Gordons highlanders.
    A whole series I wanted to please you all.
    Palo
    Funky50 likes this.
  9. Helm A Fixture

England
    Quality work Palo (y) As ever superb sculpts I'm sure Gordon will be well chuffed with "his" VC How about a Gurkha next ? Lord knows they've about cornered the market on them
    Steve
    [IMG]
    Grod, Joe55, housecarl and 2 others like this.
  10. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    [quote="offo, post: 645598, member: 7197"And I also wanted to please my friend Gordon Mitchell of England's why I chose Scotsman named Mitchell from Gordons highlanders.
    Palo[/quote]

Definitely the best way to please an Englishman................
  11. offo A Fixture

In any case, the holder of the VC. It has the same last name and first name agrees with Gordonskými highlanders. Nothing beyond that is not. And I think that Grod has no problem with it.
    Have the same name as the hero of Scotland is not bad either for Slovaks so Why For an Englishman?
    I do not here any national confrontation.
    And if you are interested in on this thread only this ..........?.
    Palo
    Helm likes this.
  12. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Are they being offered for sale? :)
  13. offo A Fixture

Hey. Yes will be commercial. More detailed information later .......
    But certainly will on sale!
    Palo
    Funky50 likes this.
  14. offo A Fixture

Hey. Yes will be commercial. More detailed information later .......
    But certainly will on sale!
    Palo
    Ventress and Wings5797 like this.
  15. Funky50 Guest

T
    Thats Good News Palo......Kevin
    offo likes this.