1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Verlinden US Marin Hue City kit #2562 uniform questions...

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by lock-n-load, Mar 16, 2015.

1. lock-n-load Active Member

United-States
    Hello:
    I typically build WWII figures, and occasionally older periods figures, as well. I am working on this figure for a veteran co-worker of mine...as a surprise gift. I am looking for some assistance as to the accuracy of the box art......is the woodland-style camo pants and jacket accurate for this time period? The color pix I could find on-line appear to show the Marines in straight OD green uniforms.
    Also, in the detail photo below....what is the braided cord item on his right shoulder? Is it part of his flak vest? Is it a rope holding the grenades on his shoulder?
    And finally...what color would be appropriate for a sling for his M-16? OD green? khaki?
    I thought this would be a simple straight-forward build....and now I seem to be stumbling on simple items.
    Thanks for any advice.
    2562_2.jpg clip_image002.jpg
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Lock-n-Load,

All the colour photos I've seen of US Marines fighting in Hue show them wearing OD greens, not woodland camouflage scheme. I would definitely go for OD green.

As for the sling colour, see the attached photo. I think a khaki colour would be fine to paint the sling (see photo below). Ingrained orange mud would make the sling material lighter than normal.
    Hue%20City1.jpg