1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Verlinden 120mm North Vietnamese Regular

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Bigmick, May 16, 2015.

1. Bigmick Active Member

United-Kingdom
    This is my first proper attempt at painting a figure, I've built 2 Verlinden figures before, a Fallshirmjager figure which I threw together and slapped some paint on many many years, possibly decades, ago and a US GI circa 1967 last year for a friend who does Vietnam reenactment, this figure was also for him, it was built by someone then the parts snapped apart to try and get the paint off, I soaked everything in Mr Muscle over cleaner and repaired all the breaks and missing resin including the AK barrel and foresight.
    I used Vallejo acrylics for the first time, I've watched a lot of videos on you tube from various painters showing how to use many thin layers of paint to add depth, using washes etc, so I used the ww2 allied set as it has greens aplenty to choose from and the face painting set (flesh colours not how to paint tigers and butterflies on your face).
    This is also the first time I've attempted any kind of base, it was a complete cheat as I used the new MIG Ammo products stony steppe base, it's all the rocks and foliage stuck to very thin scotchbrite, it comes in an A4 size sheet which you can use as is for say a 1/35 scale tank, or cut a small portion out as I did, I broke a brick up to make red rocks and pebbles and used Humbrol pigments, the fern is also MIG Ammo laser cut paper, once you airbrush a few layers of acrylic is soaks in and when dry plasticises the paper making it easier to fold, I also glued 5 amp fuse wire the the backs of the largest leaves so I can curl them. I know the rain pattern is off on the pouch, I shall have to try harder for the other I have to build.
    IMAG3921_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Mike Stevens and smudger1960 like this.
  2. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Your friend will surly be very pleased with the figure you have done for him.

You have done a great job and your study of YouTube has paid off. Well done and look forward to future posts.

Peter.
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks well Mick.(y)