1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Ver 120mm female russian sniper WIP

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gothicgeek, Apr 9, 2009.

1. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello again

:)

I got this figure off evil-bay. It was listed as verlinden and I'm assuming it is OOP as i can find no pics of it anywhere :(

So it was a breeze to clean-up, there was a touch of trouble fitting the gun but a bit of wire and some MS sorted that. Included was a very nice German helmet with camo cover and liner detail. Thats in the spares box...

Only addition is a ceramic ball in the scope to bulge it out a bit more. I have yet to make the sling

face is done and not too glamour model i hope ;)

Attached Files:

2. Pekka Active Member

Finland
    Beautiful face.

Your lady is a killer! Looking very good, must be one of Verlinden´s better figures. I would really want that somebody(TANK??) would make a 1/16 Mosin-Nagant rifle, please.
    Pekka N.
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Very nice work Mark. This is definitely a Verlinden figue, made back when Verlinden were the market leaders in 120mm resin. (A long time ago)
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work Mark! This is a nice figure. I sometimes think Verlinden doesn't get enough credit, this figure is just one of those cases. Thanks for sharing!

Jay H.
    Okc
  5. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Hi Mark

Beautiful flesh painting on this classical figure so far... Allan
  6. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Really nice lady you've got there Mark!!! Welldone..........

Ray ;)
  7. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great job on the face! She looks ethnically Eastern European as well as beautifully rendered.
  8. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    many thanks Pekka ... yeah I'm always short of 1/16th weapons, wondered why dragon never released a 1/16 weapons set? :)

Thanks Tony :) yeah it was a treat when i opened the packet and found her in there! i have a couple other verlindens and they will be butchered before i paint them :)

Thanks Jay. I kinda have to agree, I'm re-visiting the leather jacket on the peiper bust i painted of theirs and it is stunning!

Many thanks Allan :)

Cheers Ray

Thanks Mike. it is a great sculpt :)

I've started on the loose two-piece coverall, amoeba (ish) pattern camo ... ugh!

I'm planning on this looking faded and pretty dirty, i imagine snipers doing a lot of crawling and burrowing so she will get pretty filthy. urban/industrial setting possibly.

Attached Files:

9. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Minor update..........

i attacked our young lady with pastels, I'm extremely happy with the face, in real life it looks alot nicer than these cheesy shots :) some tightening up to do on the hood thing and on to the torso proper ;)

[IMG]
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Mark, you should be extremely happy with the face! The eyes in particular and I think the colour of the lips are spot on. no wonder you were brave enough to take such close up shots.

I've seen this fig in an old Mil Mod mag but I can't rememmber if it was an ad or a review. Curiosity means I'l have to go through every one I have until I find it.

Roger.

PS By the way I saw you in Darlington last saturday, I recognise you from your avatar, if I'd realised then I would've said hello :)
  11. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi roger!

thanks for the possitive feedback :)

i would like to see that pic if you find it .... :)

yes my avatar.... LOL! only the t was different eh? please do say hi if you see me about

Thanks again

Mark
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    It was the haircut that gave you away, I'll look for the pic, no probs.

Roger.
  13. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Wow. not more to say.
    amazing eyes.
  14. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Very nice painting so far Mark, very subtle skin tones.

Cheers David
  15. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    ah the haircut..... yes i'm still graspping at the straws of my fading youth LOL

thanks Stephan :)

Thanks David... fun with fabrics next :(
  16. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Hello, MARK.
    Your work is wonderful.
    The skin tone is very beautiful.
    I'm a fan of 120mm figure of VERLINDEN.
    I'm looking forward to completion of your work very much.
  17. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Thank you! i too am becoming a fan of the older verlinden 120mm figures :)

after my small break over the holiday weekend I'm back at this one :)

i realized from the MM article ( cheers! ) that there appears to be a sling missing for the rifle and that the hood of the smock should sit a little wider on the shoulders!

i made a sling from paper and super-glue.

and decided to leave the error in place and just get on with this :)

I'll sort the hands and the rifle, then weather them and the smock before moving to the lower half.....

picture

[IMG]
  18. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    hi Mark,
    face tones are pretty spot on. I reckon you've captured the softer tones of a woman . The lips help with the effect, it would have been too easy to over do it.

Plus she is grubby from crawling around the battlefield, too many would have 'glamoured' her up, so marks for that too.

As for the hood, I'd turn an artistic eye to that, there's no reason to think that she wouldn't have trimmed and restitched the suit down, or it was a smaller size to begin with. As a female, she would have had a smaller and shorter build on average, then a male from the same period. So there is a degree of latitude there.

Good progress so far.
    You still use GW acrylics? Like how you splash it on!:D

cheers
  19. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jamie!

long time! and thanks for the input :)

as for the paints.... still same basic mix of dark, dwarf and elf flesh but using alot more regal blue and blood red early in the paint to form under colours... and using AV light flesh for the extreme highlights :)

still reckon i got about 20 to 30 more faces to paint to get it really sweet

LOL

as ever thanks for the comments

;)

Mark
  20. WPS Member

Netherlands
    Mark, within the Verlinden range are some stunning sculpts (and some less fortunate ones) and this one is definitely one of their best. I don't know how the little air-bubble on her lower lip looks like in real life but if you can you should touch this up. I wish I could paint as nice a face like you can. I just love the look in her eyes. In one word ...STUNNING...

Willem