1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Varangian guard

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, Apr 28, 2005.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi,

As most of you probably know, I completely s*ck when it come to paint large (90mm or bigger) scale figurs. So I decide to practise a bit. Among my "started but never finnished" projects I found this 90mm figure in white metal by emi/Tercio. It was still painted in oils, over which I painted with acryllics. The face and helmet are supposed to be ready. The helmet had it's metal polished. Over this I put 3 coats of dilluted Tamiya smoke. Highlighting was then done using silver acrylics, shading using black. At first I was going to do the head only. Although the result is far from what I one day hope to achieve, it turned out better then I feared. So I might end up doing the complete figure.

All hints, tips, critisms, etc... are more then welcome.

Greetz,

Gino

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Gino,

90 mm He. Well, what i can see in the picture's is that you have done again a beuatifull job.
    I suppose you bring it with you next thuesday to the club.

Marc
  3. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Looks pretty darn good. Excellent job on the eyes.

Keith
  4. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Gino , even though the eyes aren't very well sculpted you have done an excellent job on them.

Stephen Mallia
  5. Brad S Member

Gino,

I think this looks pretty good. I thought the eyes could use a little more detail and the skin area by the chin under the lip could have a little more shadow/highlight. But hey, who am I to say, I could not do as good a job as you have done. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Brad Spelts
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Gino. You do well with 90's.
  7. Cicero New Member

Albania
    Hello Gino,

Great job so far. I like the weary look of the helmet.
    According to the red tip of the nose and his droopy, blood stained eyes, I reckon your guy has a little drinking problem! Very nice touch.

See you next tuesday!

Johan

(PS: don't forget my things!!!)
  8. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Hi Brad,

I will pay some more attention to these areas as soon as I have some time to continue working on this chap.

Thanks again,

Gino
  9. Brad S Member

Gino

You bet. But I do consider myself an amateur compared to you. Thanks for sharing all your work.

Brad Spelts
  10. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nicely done gino. I really like the way you painted the face. The helmet is also a charm. Keep up the good work my friend.
  11. jknaus Active Member

Canada
    Hi gforceman, I just found this and it is a figure I have just started. I was wondering if there was any more to this thread or if you might have some more pictures of him. Thanks in advance.
    James