1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique USAAF ,Pilot,Pacific ,75mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Dec 18, 2013.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    While on the subjects of Pilots ,a project in 75mm was started.Here is a US Fighter pilot at the time of Iwo Jima 45.He wears chaps(dont know the correct term)along with parachute harness and other accesories yet to add.
    My question is,does he look too fat?I realize he has alot of gear on but could he look a little more slimmer even with the gear on?.
    ideas please.other than that Im pleased with the progress so far.
    Andy

Attached Files:

Braemp and Markus like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I don't know much about these guys, but I find him not to fat.

Marc
  3. swralph A Fixture

does not look fat to me
  4. Pops Active Member

United-Kingdom
    He's fine mate. Not fat at all. 'Well-fed Yank', that's all! :)
  5. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Andy
    Looks great to me and a great figure ,I used to have a 6 pack ......no I have a party keg lol.
    Cheers Chris
  6. trooper Member

United-States
    Andy as always, a very fine sculpture. I do have a few comments and I assume you are using reference material as to actual equipment used by US pilots in pacific in 1945. Checking my own resources, the seat parachute would hang lower in the back as the pilot actually sat on the chute. I assume the extra pack is the emergency raft and ration pack, usually always stayed in aircraft and usually not worn by pilots out of aircraft. By 1945 many US pilots especially those of the US Army used the back pack parachute (cannot remember the official designation type) again I do not know your reference material and pilots of all branches used different equipment from different services. As to the center Irvin harness release, I am not sure as to usage by american pilots, but again if you have a picture showing a US Pilot having it on in 1945, then it is good.

This is a great statue and I am sure the 1/24th scale airplane builders this is going to be a must, especially with a pacific mustang. AND, NO HE IS NOT TO FAT. LOOKS GREAT!
  7. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks for the comments Guys,Trooper Im basing the build on the French Armes Militaria magazine No 146,It contains all the info needed to build this pilot.
    The parachute could hang lower,will see.
    Cheers
    Andy