1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

US Marine hill400 Vietnam

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Jul 12, 2009.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Gidday All,
    Here,s a little more progress with the duo.A change of helmet and some smoothing and sanding .Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    You gotta get top marks for originality Andy, this one and the Muleteer ain't even been considered by others in the past. Hope they get the support you deserve mate.

An important aspect for this one will be getting the hands right, have you considered doing them as an integral part of the patient perhaps? A thought only mate, you have it all over me in the sculpting department.

Take care,
    Mike
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Great sculpting Andy, you've really given painters a rich canvas to bring out the emotions in this scene.
  4. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Great sculpting.
    Wonderful modeling technology.
    I think a very amazing work.

Mitsutaka
  5. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Andy, great sculpting, I really like the facial expression, to me it comes across as one of sadness and determination.
    Looking forward to completion.

Cheers Ken
  6. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    That's a really moving & original "vignette bust" you've created Andy!!! Welldone!!!!

Ray ;)
  7. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks for all you comments Guys it is much appreciated.Mike,I hope to cast one arm onto the body of the casualty and the other arm seperate.So basically a body with two heads!an arm ,stand and helmet ,that should be it.
    Thanks again
    Andy
  8. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Very original work Andy, not easy to tell a story with a bust.Well done.

Cheers David
  9. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    David,
    thanks for the comments.I think the most importent feature is the medics right arm.I have the palm turned slightly upward,this represent some hope in the scene,if I had the palm facing downwards then it would change the mood of the vingette to a negative position.
    Andy
  10. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Another gem developing, you certainly have a fertile mind, mate.
    Superb as ever,
    Cheers Carl.