1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

US Marine,Afghanistan,1/12 bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Feb 18, 2011.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    This bust was started a while ago.The carbine was first to build with parts turned on the lathe from Alu.plastic card and magicsculp were also added.
    the head was sculpted and put on a basic chest frame,then the hands,first the left hand as this is the gesture and essense of the bust.the right hand was sculpted onto the rifle once the arms were in place.At the moment work is being done on the helmet.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

mil-mart, gordy and HiroshiAirborne like this.
  2. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    Great start Andy! I love the hand gesture... if only it was a full figure. :)

Mario
  3. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Andy.
    It appears on the M4 you have made it with the old style 2 part forward hand grips. All the M4's now have a rail system so that various devices can be attached, such as laser sights and hand grips. Frequently you will see hand guards attached to the unused rails to make gripping it more comfortable. Usually these are attached to the 2 side rails, with a vertical hand grip on the bottom and sight on the top. Here are a couple of pics that might be of use. The rails and the grips are also pretty much straight, front to back. The old hand grips were slightly wider near the receiver, narrowing slightly at the front sight

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Andy,

great idea with the pose! Imo the chest and shoulders are quite narrow (I recall similar comments on another bust of yours), I think there would be little space left for bulding up volume around the chest, i assume he'll be wearing body armour.
    I really like your unusual choices of gestures and I'm sure it's gonna another cool bust!

Thanks for sharing!
    Denes
  5. rubberduckie New Member

Singapore
    Love the idea for the gesture, it certainly gives a nice character to the bust!

A small suggestion if you might consider, would be to have the trooper grip the rifle higher and tighter to his chest in a much more ready position. Simply bringing the hand higher to his pecs, rather than the looser grip at the moment. Just my 2 cents, but I will pick this up once its ready~!

"Get Some Devil Dog!"
  6. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Andy, an excellent start, love the hand gesture and the amazing work on the weapon. Will follow this with interest. (y)

Cheers Ken
  7. Ferris A Fixture

Excellent start on this one Andy.
    The pose looks interesting and the detailing already present is amazing! The gloves must have been so much work.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  8. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Some more work on the armour and pouches.comments welcome.
    andy

Attached Files: