1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Urgent Help Needed On A Bust I Just Purchased.

Discussion in 'Report Piracy' started by tigerdio, Feb 11, 2013.

1. tigerdio Active Member

United-States
    The issue has been resolved.
  2. Mark S Guest

Jose, I don't believe you have a recast bust. A re-cast would have been significantly cheaper, the seller would have at least some negative feedback from other buyers who were also stung and the description does mention the item is " in factory bags with instruction sheet, no box". Also the sellers other items all seem to be legitimate original pieces to me. Usually a recaster will have many copied items for sale at the same time. On another point, a re-caster is unlikely to give you several close-up detailed pictures of the item. So it looks fine to me. But having said that I'm not familiar with that bust and can't confirm the quality of the cast. Also there is no way of knowing ( if you're not familiar with this piece ) whether this is a case of a legitimate seller re selling a re-cast......but still, if I was buying this item I'd probably do so with confidence.
    Someone here with first hand experience with this bust might be able to add to this....cheers.
  3. tigerdio Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the information pal, I am a littlem more relieved.

Cheers
    Jose

4. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

I believe the bust was sculpted by Derek Holmes for Present Arms, I have a military modeller still with a finished version by Norman Otty. I have the Lancer and Civil War bust from Derek, the resin is the same colour but they came in white or white and blue boxes with a colour photograph. Hope that helps and I believe that is right but could be wrong as said I don't have this particular bust
    Regards
    Gra
  5. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    If you look at the sellers other items listed they all seem to be genuine model kits and nothing looks counterfeit to me, seems a genuine modeller clearing stash.

Steve
  6. tigerdio Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys, I have received the same information from many others and the seller. My mind is at ease.

Cheers to all.

Jose

7. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Jose glad that you are reassurred regarding your purchase.
    Many of us will over time in good faith buy a re-cast. As long as it's a genuine mistake I don't think we should beat ourselves up about it. We should simply paint it and learn from the experience.
    Cheers
    Derek