1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Unterscharfuehrer - H&V Miniatures - 75mm - WIP

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ferris, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Ferris A Fixture

Hi All,

Here's a few (not too great) in-between shots of what I'm currently working on. It's a 75mm figure by H&V Minatures. I really like this sculpt. The figure is very dynamic and out of the ordinary. It comes in resin; cast and fit are both excellent. Only join to smooth is that of the arms, as this camouflage parka didn't have a seam at the shoulder (arms are moulded seperately).

I started with the camouflage uniform and the helmet cover (not shown here). The face is still only primed. No particular reason for that order; I just fancied painting the uniform first, instead of the face. I'm now cured of SS camouflage patterns for a while.... :confused: It's an early war spring/summer pattern. Painting all done in acrylics.

Hope you like him so far.
    Just noted not all pics are focused, sorry about that. Will take better ones next update.
    If you see anything that needs correcting: Now I still can, so let me know!

Cheers,
    Adrian

Attached Files:

2. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    I think you've done an outstanding job so far!
    The uniform is excellent!
    I like very much the combination of the pants in field gray and this waffen SS camos.

Regards
    Pedro
    Mike Stevens likes this.
  3. Ferris A Fixture

That was quick Pedro!
    Thanks, glad you like him.

All the field grey is still only undercoated by the way (trousers and small bits at the cuffs).

Adrian
  4. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Brilliant job so far, Adrian. The camo looks great, both the pattern and subtle shading/highlights.
    I loved your previous Moelders figure, and this one is well on the way to being as good.
    Cheers
    Mike Stevens likes this.
  5. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal

Well, it looked like it was painted ;)
    Hope to see more progress soon.
  6. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    You're a fine painter Adrian!

That's me saying,.....I don't see anything that needs fix'n at this stage, keep going (y)!

Joe
  7. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Really really good up to this point.
    I love the look of some camos and would love to take a shot at them but frankly, they scare the hell out of me... worse than tartans even.
    You have done a very clean job on them, nice work around the neck area. I won't venture to comment on the historical accuracy of the pattern (I'll leave that to those who know) except to say the final result looks great.

Following allong with interest

Colin
    Wings5797 likes this.
  8. citrico Active Member

Chile
    Great work so far.
  9. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Adrian you have a good project in hands.
    Love the camo pattern.(y)

Cheers,
    Pedro.
  10. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Super nice! I'll follow this one.
  11. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    nice camo going a long very well keep it up.

Ian
  12. Adrien Campbell Active Member

Very, very nice. Camo is outstanding!

Regards,

Adrien
  13. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    I salute your guts for taking on the german challenge :) I still have my reservations on painting camo :confused:
  14. Tutilo17 PlanetFigure Supporter

Switzerland
    As the others, I like what you have done so far .....
    (y)
  15. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Awesome painting on this very nice figure.
    Les
  16. swralph A Fixture

Excellent camo.
  17. Ferris A Fixture

Thanks very much for commenting Nick, Pedro, Joe, Colin, citrico, Pedro S., Mike, Adrien, Ian, Benjamin, Tutilo17, Les and Ralph. Thanks also for the likes, I appreciate it.

As there is no progress since posting, let me post one of the reference pics I used for the camouflage smock. Others were in the excellent Steven/Amodio book.

Cheers
    Adrian

Attached Files:

Sturm Grenadier and ChaosCossack like this.
  18. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Adrian, Great start to your figure. Here is another reference for this figure, or for future projects. Looking forward to your final results. Regards, SG:)(y)(y) PlaneTreeSmock1.gif PlaneTreeCoverSpr1.gif PlaneTreeSpr.gif
  19. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Killer work Ferris, as usual. Great work so far buddy!!!

Cheers, Ski.
  20. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Camo looks spectacular, nice start!
    Scott