1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Uhlan flat 90mm MKII

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Oct 4, 2009.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Here's the improved (well I think so :D) Uhlan. 'Lil bit of blending and additions..... thanks Ulrich :):cool:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Good paintwork Roger.
    Maybe a wash wit sepia will do some wonders on the plume...it seems so white.
    Marc
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Marc.

I can see what you mean about the plume but if you look closely the light I have used is too bright and I have lost a lot of detail from the top of the fig. it is actually shaded much more than you can see in these pics.
    Thanks anyway mate, as you know I always appreciate your comments they're a great help.

Roger.
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Well done, Roger! That's a beaut of a uniform! The sword looks a dull steel. Would it be dull or bright on a parade ground figure like this one? I'm asking 'cos I don't honestly know.

All the best,
    Dan
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Dan. Yes, you're right the sword should be brighter, since this pic was taken it's had a highlight on the leading edge. One of the things you don't notice until you look at the photo's :)

I find parade figs are much harder to paint than "in the field" :)

Roger.
  6. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Roger,
    Really nice job and great colours.
    Cheers
    John
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you John :)
  8. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Great work, Roger. Love the figure - and your interpretation.
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you very much Pat :)