1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique U.S. Marines Fallujah

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by legend69, May 23, 2013.

1. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi Everyone,

After a couple of months working on and off on this (work obligations) I have finally finished (well 98.5% finished). Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and comments while it was a work in progress.

All comments are welcome...

I hope you like it.

Thanks,

Anthony

Attached Files:

Chazman, pmfs, Martin64 and 6 others like this.
  2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Anthomy - you didn't spare the blood. It really works in this case though. The facial expressions are great too - fear, concern, tension etc.

Colin
    legend69 likes this.
  3. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    I do like the way it turned out, the blue door really does add a nice contrast to all the sand color. Sort of stands out as a gateway to survival or freedom. I would have placed the figures further back on the base, kinda gives the impression that they are going to walk out the door and fall over the edge, but just a personal preference on my part.
    Cheers
    Jason
    legend69 likes this.
  4. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice presentation.
    Cheers
    John
    legend69 likes this.
  5. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    I like this vignette... I agree with the free hand in the application of blood on the wounded figure. Reminds everyone that there is nothing clean and pristine about the business of war. It also adds to the sense of urgency to the scene... He and his mates wouldn't be so concerned over a nick on his pinkie.

Your camo worked out well and the detail on the equipment is sharp. Overall an effective presentation.

Colin
    legend69 likes this.
  6. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Excellent composition on a very dramatic scene.:joyful:

Pedro.
    legend69 likes this.
  7. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi Jason, Thanks for your comments throughout this process in my previous threads), I think it was your feedback helped me the most! Although I tried to keep my little vignette true to the original picture after a lot of experimenting I decided that it was not really possible - the original picture was taken with a wide angle lens that distorts the depth and width perception. I could not achieve the depth and width seen in the picture (by placing the figures further back) without losing the figures - and having them hidden by the door and the wall. It took me days and days of experimenting to make my mind up on the final composition.

Thanks again for all your feedback (it is always very very welcome),
    Anthony

Attached Files:

8. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    Very nice! I think this one would work really well as a shadow box.

Mario
    legend69 likes this.
  9. Don Well-Known Member

Very powerful scene, for me it works very well as it is.
    Super

Don
    legend69 likes this.
  10. Ferris A Fixture

It turned out great Anthony! I like the suspense in this.

Cheers,
    Adrian
    legend69 likes this.
  11. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Awesome, came out just like the pics. Ya, read several books on this battle, brutal doesn't come close. Excellent work Anthony!

Cheers, Ski.
    legend69 likes this.