1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Tutorial - Enhancing your metallics with graphite

Discussion in 'Post Your Own Articles & SBS' started by Bailey, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
  2. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Very interesting (y) In the past, I've used an old kitchen grate polish called "Zebo". Had the tube for years, as only tiny amounts are required. It's the consistency of oil paint, and contains graphite, I believe. And like oils, a little can go an awful long way if you're not careful:rolleyes: Stippled on, allowed to dry, then buffed up with a soft brush or cotton bud, it can then be enhanced with metal powders.
    But I like the sound of a graphite stick, as it should give more control. Love these threads.

Alan
    Bailey likes this.
  3. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks, Alan. I'm glad you liked the article. I'll have to take a look at Zebo too, sounds like another very interesting way to go with metallics.
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent article, thanks.
    Aluminum finger print powder works well too.(y)
  5. oldtrousers PlanetFigure Supporter

Great article, thank you!

Scott
  6. jai A Fixture

Italy
    Graphite was already depicted in an article from the 70s of the last century. Here you go further. compliments
  7. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Although this is from two years ago, I'ld love to see the article. Apparently no longer in Figure mentors,,any thoughts?

Kevin
  8. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom