1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Tuma, Windrunner or Warrior of the Steppes

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Kevin D., Aug 7, 2014.

1. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    20140807_130703.jpg I picked up this bust from Legendarion. It is titled, Tuma, Windrunner but I believe I will title it Warrior of the Steppes. Critiques thus far are very welcomed. First I have posted in a very long time.
    Joe55 and Chris Mortimer like this.
  2. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
    I like it mate. Is this your painting or the 'stock' image? Either way I'd like to see more.
  3. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    This is my version. Acrylics, oils and enamels. Glad you like it, thanks! I am considering changing the black cuirass to a deep red leather although if I do, I will need to lighten the cross belt for more contrast.

Thanks

Kevin
  4. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
    I Like it as it is but the deep red would lok good too. Good luck with your choice.
  5. swralph A Fixture

6. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Great painting (y).
    Pete
  7. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Yup, this is a nice one so far Kevin! Excellent job in differentiating between all the brown used on this guy.

Joe
  8. Darren Tice New Member

Wow, that is looking great. Even better than when I saw it last. I like what you have done with the left shoulder. Much better! The strap on the right looks really good. Suggestion tone down the blue and red on the choker. It kind of pulls your eyes away from the great job you have done on the face. You should be proud of this piece.
  9. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks! All suggestions are appreciated! I have decided to go with a deep red leather cuirass as well. The black makes a good base to start with English Red.
  10. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Joe, thanks! Color combo is going to be interesting for certain!

Guys, thanks for comments and support... stay tuned and we shall see... fingers crossed X.

KD
  11. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    phone 8-9-14 484.jpg phone 8-9-14 486.jpg phone 8-9-14 485.jpg

Ok, here are the changes to create a red leather cuirass...probably won't post again for a while, vacation is done and back to work on Monday after celebrating my wife's birthday for the rest of this weekend. Again, any thoughts are welcome!

Kevin D.