1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Trotsky's Armored Train Guard, 1919

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Jan 18, 2007.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Here are some photo's of the finished figure. Once again a very good figure and an interesting subject, thank you very much Dan for allowing me to paint it.
    Keep 'em coming :lol:
    I usually photograph my figures in sunlight but as it is in very short supply at the moment the pics aren't at their best one was taken using the flash hence the shadows.

Roger

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. vergilius New Member

Belgium
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you very much Patrick.

Roger
  4. Mark Dollery Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Roger,
    I have been watching this with interest, from a nice scult to the finished article :)
    Is it going to be on a diorama (Vignette?) or stand alone?. I realised we are from the same part of the world (north yorkshire!)
    Will you be at the Sword & lance this year?
    Regards
    Mark ;)
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Hi Mark,
    Thank you, this is a stand alone figure.
    Whereabouts are you? I'm in Bedale. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to make Sword & Lance this year. I work month on month off in the North Sea and I was at last years so I will more than likely miss this one coming.

Roger.
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting, Roger!!! Great shading!! If you have time, could we see a close up of the uniform tunic and another of the face? I think I sent you an oil can. Could that be added at his feet?

The figures are continuing to roll off the assembly line here at Morton's basement figure factory. Next up are two British 2nd Hampshire regiment soldiers from the 6th Poona division [Indian army] at Kut-al-amara, Mesopotamia (Iraq), 1915. #1 is a commission - a Lewis gunner in KD uniform and Wolseley tropical helmet ('topi), with black and amber regimental insignia, M1914 leather equipment. #2 is a stretcher-bearer in similar uniform, M1908 canvas webbing equipment. After these two, a couple of Poilus in a trench for Marc Megroot.

All the best,
    Dan
  7. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work you guys! I'm still jealous of this guys hat! :lol: ;) Love the red tones of this uniform. Interesting subject!

Jay H.
    OKC
  8. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    I think the members of the forum ought to chip in and get Jay a budyonovka right away!!!! :lol:

With the stipulation that he has to wear it constantly at all modelling shows!!! :lol:

Sorry Jay - the Devil made me do it.

And it is a cool hat. ;)

All the best,
    Dan
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Dan,
    The next photo's we see of this guy you'll have to take, I've just got back from the Post Office.
    The oil can is on there, between the figure and the train track if you look carefully at the second pic you can just see it.
    Thanks Jay and you never know we may be going back to Bulgaria this year to stay with friends. So be careful what you ask for but you'll be easy to spot at model shows.

Roger.