1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Trooper Bavarian Jagër 1870

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by HeroesVillains Miniatures, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Hello everyone!
    New Release!

" Trooper Bavarian Jagër 1870 "

Sculpture: Antonio Meseguer
    Painting: Pepe Gallardo
    Material: Resin
    Number of parts of the kit: 3
    Scale: 1/16

www.heroesvillainsminiatures.com

Trooper Bavarian Jagër 1870 HV Miniatures.............jpg
    Trooper Bavarian Jagër 1870 HV Miniatures.jpg Trooper Bavarian Jagër 1870 HV Miniatures...jpg Trooper Bavarian Jagër 1870 HV Miniatures.....jpg Trooper Bavarian Jagër 1870 HV Miniatures.......jpg Trooper Bavarian Jagër 1870 HV Miniatures........jpg Trooper Bavarian Jagër 1870 HV Miniatures.........jpg Trooper Bavarian Jagër 1870 HV Miniatures..........jpg Trooper Bavarian Jagër 1870 HV Miniatures...........jpg Trooper Bavarian Jagër 1870 HV Miniatures............jpg
    Trooper Bavarian Jagër 1870 HV Miniatures....jpg
    Edorta, Katjuscha, Martin64 and 10 others like this.
  2. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Wow, like it.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Me too, very nice indeed.
  4. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    billyturnip likes this.
  5. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    very nice, the pipe is amazing.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Me likely Likey ...lots ...definately going to order this ..preordered with Mr SK nis !

Like H & V releases rather a lot ....

Nap
  7. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
  8. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    What a beautiful bust the pipe and the detail in general excellent

Ove H&V figures lol

Chris
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
  10. Thanks and good painting my friend!!
  11. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Very well done bust. Love the pipe.
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent bust in sculpt and paint.
    The pipe is amazing painted.

Marc
    SUPER ANTO likes this.
  13. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A very nice sculpt indeed.

Paul.
  14. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great work from Antonio, he really is an outstanding sculptor
  15. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    It's a great sculpt, the face, and the uniform and Raupenhelm. The pipe does bother me a little, though. It, too, is a beautiful piece, but if you've ever smoked a "grandfather's pipe" like that one, you may find the pose odd. Generally, you have to hold the pipe, not clench it in your teeth like a smaller pipe. For one thing, it's got some weight, and it's in three parts--the pipe stem and shaft, the bottom piece, into which the shaft and bowl fit, and the bowl. It's possible, if you don't hold the bottom piece, that it can fall apart. But I realize that to depict him smoking the pipe in that way would require a hand, too.

If you paint it, you might also want to add the fine cords and tassels that often decorate such pipes. They are usually wound around the stem, the bottom and the bowl. Some pipes are fitted with a little wire loop on the plating on the bowl's lip, if there's a lid. Others without lids often have a little knob molded on the front of the bowl, and the cord is looped around that know. And I've seen tassels made from bits of wood or bone, some with Gamsbart bound in them (the coarse hairs that grow on the chamois' back. That's what makes the "shaving brush" you see Bavarians, Tiroler, etc, using to adorn their hats, the bigger the Gamsbart, the mightier a huntsman you are, or so the thinking goes), or shaped like acorns, or even cartridges, for military subjects. I'd also want to make the seams more distinct, they're a little soft.

Sorry if it's a nit-pick, but I have similar pipes in my collection. I'm the same way with beer mugs.

Prost!
    Brad
    Gaudin likes this.
  16. William Shotakote New Member

Very neat, finally some attention to Bavarians, long overdue
  17. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Great sculpt and painting, I agree with brad about the pipe weight etc but, in my opinion, I think it is a nice "recreation" being a bust, and is not necessary add all the elements, hands, arms, body, etc. , we don´t see the backpack, but we assume it is there. The pipe is the detail that makes the difference. Well done.

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia
    napoleonpeart likes this.