1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Trench Watch

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Oct 18, 2009.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Gidday All,
    Here,s a start on a Brit/Commonwealth bust WW1.There is still much to do.Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Very nice bust Andy.
  3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Andy, I could live for another 100 years and not have the time to paint all of the very cool stuff you produce, but then again I paint at a glaicial pace. I really lke this one though
  4. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hard to keep you with you Andy, however another lovely character study that would be fun too paint up. Good to see more Brits coming through, this guy could cover a raft of fronts.

Maybe you could expand further into WW1 too in these 10th scale busts perhaps?

Talk again soon,

Mike
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent sculpting.

Marc
  6. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Hi Andy,

Fantastic character this one! Some minor inputs :
    On that helmet, there seems to be more lip (?) in the 2nd photo.
    I can't tell if that is the belt but if so, it could be lower.
    This one's a winner.

Rgds Victor
  7. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks guys ,
    for the comments.Victor,the WW1 Brit helmets are an interesting shape.the brim is fully round but the top is oval,thats why the brim is shorter at the front and back of the helmet while wider at the sides.well that according to the helmet i have in my small collection.
    Mike,if your keen to tackle a bust or two,i can send them your way.While your painting i can do some more sculpting.
    Andy
  8. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Hi Andy,

thanks for heads up. You are right about the Brodie shape. I attach a couple of pics from the net.

Rgds Victor

Attached Files:

9. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    That's a very characterful bust Andy........you captured him bang on mate!!! Weldone!!!!

Ray ;)