1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Torch

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by gforceman, Feb 19, 2018.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hello all,

hereby I would like to present my latest finished piece entitled : Torch. The figure is an amazing 28mm resin sculpt with incredible details by Twisted. As it represent a kid, it's an even smaller figure. How they then get all those tiny details on is a real mystery to me! The plastic base was by Wyrd. Both were build straight from the box. All was painted using acrylics and inks and in the end some pigments to dirty it up.
    Lately I became fascinated by lights sources other then the zenithal light, and I want to try to teach myself how to paint this. This is my first try so there is room for a LOT of improvement. I think the green light is not too bad, but I'm completely unsure about the grey light. As i only had a limited time to finish this piece in time for a competition ran by Twisted, Demented games, I decided to leave as it is and take what I've learned with this piece on to the next.
    As always I would love to hear what you think of it, and all critics and comments on how to improve, especially on how to paint these kind of lights, are very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Gino

[IMG][/url

[IMG][/url

[IMG][/url

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Gino You know its not my piece of cake.
    But you nailed it again. and 28mm......can't do it.
    Chapeau.

Marc
  3. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hello Marc,

I'll have to bake you another cake then ;). No seriously, thank you very much for your praising words, they are much appreciated.

My eyes try to tell me I can't do it either,... I just choose to ignore them. Have you ever tried to paint a 28mm? It might suit you better then you think.

Take care,

Gino