1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Too cold for bikes

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jazz, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Hello fellow Planeteers,

This is one of my latest creations which I call "Too cold for bikes". I have used a Hornet despatch rider together with a 1/35 scale Triumph 3HW motorcycle that is made by Bronco. (Thanks for the tip Housecarl). The bike was a nightmare to put together being so small. It didnt help when I dropped my optivisor on it when it was completed. A few choice words were bellowed (far too awful to repeat here). After a bit of patching up I selected an old trophy which I turned into a base and fixed this to a lump of wood that was the same size suitably rubbed down and stained to add some depth to the scene. The snow is made by first putting on ready mixed filler then immediately adding soda chrystals while still wet. It makes superb snow.
    The wall was a piece I had in my spares box and the wooden fencing is scratch built from sheet plastic.
    The scene is meant to depict a WW2 despatch rider having ran out of fuel and stuck in a snowy village somewhere. He is trying to hitch a lift to the nearest barracks. I originally had the bike and rider stood at a checkpoint with a barrier and an MP but it didnt look right so I started again.
    Hope you all like it.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      196.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      197.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      195.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi John ,

My goodness you have been busy , good leatherwork on the DR (did you wear leather during your time as a DR;)) ?

I like the snow scene , really effective , the bike looks spot on, bet you enjoyed the photoetch spokes eh !!! , if I may perhaps suggest to bed the front tyre a little more into the snow.

The scene is one which I am sure has been played out many times in all theatres of war ..a great tribute to a vital messenger .

Have you seen the Hornet MP ..now that could make a good little scene ..perhaps with an desert rat ?

Happy modelling and thanks for posting

Nap (y)
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice work John.
    I really like the setup. And we all have some problems now and then :D

Marc
  4. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Thanks for the comments guys. Kev, the less said about me wearing leather the better! :p
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I heard there was a bit of a leather scene at Mill Hill, but I missed it.;)
    Great little scene John, I know what you mean about the bikes been a struggle.
    Carl.
  6. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Thanks Carl. I forgot you was at Mill Hill too. Now I know why you are interested in bikers! :lol: