1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

TOMMY'S WAR - Some great savings

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by kenshin393, Jul 11, 2016.

1. kenshin393 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  2. kenshin393 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  3. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hey Kenshin, how very sad to hear of this.

I hope that this heartfelt openness from Darren brings the right response from his client base and modellers in general.

The only mitigation I can offer Darren is from seeing the numbers of visitors to model shows falling this year, that also means others must be finding trading somewhat difficult too.

Sincere best wishes to you Darren, you deserve better than this mate.

Paul.
  4. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    What a shame. I've already let a few friends know and we'll be combining an order.
    Darren's been a fantastic guy to deal with.

Gary D
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Well, I've just done my bit. Bought myself the charging ANZAC figure. C'mon Planeteers, if we don't help Darren, we could end up losing Tommy's War.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Darren ,

TW is a market leader IMO quality figures and service , best wishes on getting through this we are all supporting you in one way or another .

Keep happy

Nap
    anstontyke, MalcC, Babelfish and 2 others like this.
  7. stormtrooper miniatures Well-Known Member

No matter how you look at this its not good at all.

Head or heart...how many of my fellow manufacturers are asking the same question.

I know i am.

Stuart
    anstontyke, megroot, MalcC and 4 others like this.
  8. Merryweather A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Sod the discount
    I have just bought 3 figures.
    I haven't bought a new figure in years as I sculpt for myself , but I can't bear the thought of a wonderful company like this going to the wall- especially in this centenary period.
    best of Luck Darren
    N
  9. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I've just followed Merryweather's lead and stuck a "sod-the-discount" order in myself. Three figures I'd had my eye on for a while anyway, plus a couple of Scale Model Handbooks for good measure.

Always sad when a company stops trading. Doubly sad when it's someone you know personally and a top lad to boot. Let's see if we can help Daz to keep TW afloat and literally buy him some time to do what he needs to do to (hopefully) carry it forward.

#sodthediscount

- Steve
  10. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    ... also just changed the thread title to give the subject more prominence.

- Steve
    MalcC, Merryweather and kenshin393 like this.
  11. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Tommy's War is an immaculate range of WW1 figures, I really hope to that Darren can weather the storm.
    We'll have to go Tommy's War mad at Euro.

Malc
    anstontyke and pmfs like this.
  12. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very bad news but at least Darren has made the situation clear and given us all the opportunity to help save Tommy's War going under.

I suggest it may help to join the Tommys War Collectors Club too - which I think would give the business a boost of funds through subscriptions.

Cheers
    Mat
    anstontyke likes this.
  13. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you to everyone for your kind comments, I'm a little overwhelmed by the response. I was completely genuine when I announced the flash sale and I wrote the blog because I wanted to explain to my loyal customers why I was doing it. The reaction really has been beyond my wildest dreams. Rather than wait for the sale I've had about a dozen people place orders today.

Words fail me (and that doesn't happen very often to me) and I'm genuinely stunned by the kindness and generosity that's been shown. Not just by the orders but by the words of support and encouragement.

It's a hard market to work in, and I make no bones about that. There are a lot of fantastic figures out there (and I know as I buy a lot of them!) but the sad thing is that there are precious few of us modellers.

I just wish there was a way in which we could expand what is a fantastic hobby. Full of, what has clearly been seen today, caring and generous people. I've posted an update to the blog ; http://tommyswar.co.uk/2016/07/12/head-or-heart-24-hours-on/

I really can't thank you all enough, I hadn't lost faith, but you've given me a massive lift all the same.

Thank you

Darren
  14. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Darren....whilst not a customer of your range....period/scale....I admire your honesty in letting others know what you are trying to achieve in keeping your brand alive for those who enjoy it.
    I think the response you have received proves the worth of that honesty....I sincerely hope you can weather the storm....and continue to supply a true need in this hobby...great kits and customer relations.

Regards

Ron
    anstontyke, peedee, DEL and 3 others like this.
  15. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It's very sad news I can see why Darren is doing such a thing and it must have been a very tough decision to make, I think all us manufacturers have felt the same way over the past months. it's a hard market to be in at the moment and I think most of us do it for the love of the hobby and not to make a fortune from it.

I do hope it works for Darren, we at Ellie's miniatures wish him well.

cheers

Ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
    anstontyke, kenshin393 and MalcC like this.
  16. BESPJL Active Member

Portugal
    kitchener.jpg Now is the time for showing support for one of the brands that brought so many excellent figures to the market besides that Darren is a great fellow and deserves all the help that can be given.

Let's all join in big order.
  17. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Can't wait for the weekend, ordered 2 more beside's the Kiwi the other week.