1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Wilhelm, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Wilhelm Member

In the early to mid 1970's a great visionary named Amando de Ossorio directed a series of creepy atmospheric horror films centered around legends of the Knights Templar. The Templars haunted and slaughtered their prey many centuries after their own demise, during which their eyes were burned out with torches so that they could not see to locate prey in their future haunts on earth.

The Templars, like any smart being, learned to locate quarry by sound alone, so if you find yourself somewhere near the Spanish coastal regions, be sure you don't make too much noise, or the BLIND DEAD will come for you too!

This piece is 1/4 scale, 10 1/2 inches tall. Designed, sculpted, cast, painted and photographed by me. We are selling them through our FB page, unpainted. They are pressure cast in a single piece. Details here- https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...64051837.38752.152454608154396&type=1&theater

There are also pix of the unpainted resin casting on the FB page if you scroll down.

Thanks for looking.

WP

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    ARTEM, Alex Long, gorgosaurus and 7 others like this.
  2. Augie Active Member

United-States
    William,

As I mentioned, while your passion for the genre is a matter of record, you have absolutely outdone yourself on this one! This is unequivocally an artistic hat-trick: design, sculpture, AND painting!!! Add to that the operational components of molding, casting, and photography, and I think we might have a double on our hands. . .!!

There definitely will be some inspirational/research viewing in the next few weeks before the gem arrives. . . :D

GREAT WORK! :notworthy:(y)

Augie
    Wilhelm likes this.
  3. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
    Another amazing sculpt and another film for me to hunt for.
    Wilhelm likes this.
  4. feron Member

Poland
    Superb!!! Amazing gore look!!! Very good job!!!
    Wilhelm likes this.
  5. Augie Active Member

United-States
    It's Quarter-end at work, and this was a grueling week. . . no doubt. So I planned to spend a quiet weekend at home, relaxing and re-charging for the BIG DAY on Monday, and doing some "research" (i.e., re-watching the "Blind Dead" series) for when the subject bust arrived. . .

While the basic plan has not changed one iota, the "research" will be that more productive as awaiting my arrival at home was an errant knight. . . blind, of course. :eek: :dead:

I am quite speechless! First of all, I really did not expect the bust for at least another couple of weeks. My heartfelt thanks to William for his promptness. And major KUDOS to William for the design of the molds and the casting quality--the one-piece casting is as flawless as it is breathtaking!

As a medievalist at heart, who still seeks out the iconic horror films of yesteryear, this is a MUST HAVE!

Again, many thanks to William and the gang at Quarantine Studio!!! :happy:(y)(y)(y)

Augie
    Wilhelm likes this.
  6. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Sick :)

Alex.
    Wilhelm likes this.
  7. renarts Active Member

United-States
    I am a fan of the movie and you've brought it to life. Fantastic.
    Wilhelm likes this.