1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Tiralleur Algerian

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Pete Wenman, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Pete Wenman Member

United-Kingdom
    The original Poste Militaire version of this figure. I wish Derek Hansen had done more of these subjects.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Pete
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful painting again Pete. I have had my eye on this one since Elite re-released the figure. How did you find the Poste Militaire kit to be?
  3. Pete Wenman Member

United-Kingdom
    Guy thanks for the kind comments

It was a few years ago that I did this figure, but as I remember, it was
    typical Poste Militaire - an absolute joy to build and paint.

We were lucky enough to have Derek demo' how he sculpted figures at my local club meeting a few years ago ( he brought along the master for his Musketeer figure).

The care and attention he applied to joints etc was remarkble and is reflected in the ease of construction of his figures.

Pete
  4. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Well done Pete! I have a Poste Militaire version as well and my fingers itch every time I look at it. Oh, one of these days....
  5. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Excellent job. Your fleshtones look very good.

I did this one about 10 years ago and I still think I couldn't do it right because of the white "pantaloons". They were very difficult and on mine did not come out well at all. I may buy the Elite kits and do them over.

My favorite of the series is the french infantryman. Beautiful character that figure has.