1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Tiger and crewman

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ferris, May 5, 2010.

1. Ferris A Fixture

Hi all,

Finally I got this done, I am such a slow modeller: here are my 120mm Verlinden german tanker conversion and his furry buddy.

I am not a great title inventor, but am thinking of something like 'Tiger's favourite crewman'. Please let me know if you have any suggestions...

Well, finally I can put this in the display cabinet and go on with the next figure.

All comments are much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Adrian

Attached Files:

2. dinovision79 Active Member

Hey Adrian,

nice job on the camo and the setting! The cat is nice addition, do I remember correctly that it's your own sculpt?

Thanks for sharing!
    Denes
  3. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Nice one mate - love the pea dot and the cat sets it off nicely.:D
  4. Ferris A Fixture

Hi Dénes,

Thank you for your nice comment. Yes, the cat is my own sculpt; see my vBench for the unpainted version. Now that it's painted I find the face a little bulky, but I am already very happy that it came out as it is now. I painted it like a cat we once had (coincidentally called 'tiger'!).

Hey Rob,

Thanks for your comment! At first I wanted the cat to swirl around the tanker's legs, but because everything is camo'd you could hardly see it... So it ended up on the wall. (which was originally planned to hide the rear of the figure's left leg on which I tried something that turned out not to look very well....)

Thanks for commenting gents, have a nice day,

Adrian
  5. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Love the camo and the kitty. Very good work!
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent Adrian, the cat turned out well.
    Carl.
  7. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Adrien,

first of all, congratulations you´ve done an amazing job.(y)
    Everything are perfect, camouflage, fleshtones, groundwork and the cat are superb.:)
    The title 'Tiger's favourite crewman' is very original.(y):)
    Many thanks for sharing!
  8. Ferris A Fixture

Hello Dimitrios,
    Thanks a lot for your compliment!

Hi Carl,
    Thanks man!

Bom dia Pedro!
    Thank you for your kind comments.
    I am glad you like it!

Thanks guys!
    Adrian
  9. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Adrian, excellent painting and great work sculpting the cat.(y)

Cheers Ken
  10. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    The cat is an endearing creation. But it boggles me a little that it is jokingly dubbed with the same name as the fearsome tank, the sight of which alone would make an Allied soldier shiver all over.
  11. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb!

Kriegkatze?

War cat :)
  12. Ferris A Fixture

Michael,

Thanks for your remark about the kitty... I am sure you would be less boggled when you'd have seen our endearing tabby rip apart mice, birds and rabbits, not leaving one bit behind (and having his regular food afterwards before enjoying a loooong snooze). Let appearances not fool you....

Hey there Mark,

Thanks man.
    And thanks for your suggestions. I am actually not sure if a title will fit on the round base. Still have to figure that out....hm.

Cheers guys!
    Adrian
  13. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Adrian,

If I remember correctly, I have seen close-ups of the face of this project a while back when you were talking to a fellow Planet friend. I was very impressed by your face painting style. With this project, I have to say it is a pity that you have masterfully applied paint on a rather preliminary Verlinden old kit. You have more than done it justice.
  14. Ferris A Fixture

Thanks Michael.
    I must say that the older Verlinden kits can be very good. They have some SS figures with top notch sculpting. The panzer man is indeed a bit srange, which is why I converted it.

Cheers,
    Adrian