1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Three of my latest

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by captnenglish, Mar 20, 2010.

1. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    In all the years I have been a PF member I have never posted any of my work (mostly because I am a crap painter and have an even crappier camera), but I am pretty please with these three. The pics are not mine (I do have permission to post them though). They were taken at last weekend's SCAHMS show. I know that the shading is a tad heavy handed and I need to work on the highlights, that has always been my weakest, but I am pleased and if they make it to another show, I will tiddy things up. Contructive critique is always welcome.

Attached Files:

flart1943 likes this.
  2. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Matthew it hadnt dawned on me that i had never seen any of your work till you posted this, its a daunting thing to put your work up for others to comment on and i can completely understand why some people prefer not to do it. I dont think you have much to worry about mate, for me my favourite is the fantasy figure (dwarf ?), i like the muted colours of this one and the face looks very good.

nice to see some of your work at last mate,

Steve(y)
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Nice to see some of your work at last Matthew. We are our own worst ctitics but as long as your enjoying your hobby does it matter?

They don't look that bad to me :)
  4. TWOMOONS Active Member

United-States
    Words of wisdom here...it does not matter.
    Enjoyable work here...and I'm a member of the crappy camera club also...or actually 'crappy photographer club' more accurately.
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys. The dwarf (yes Steve it's a dwarf ;) )earned a certificate at last week's SCAHMS show (god I have enough of these to paper my bathroom), which was a tad dissappointing, but I am more or less happy with the end result on all three and that's what matters to me at this stage. I am not Bill Horan or Doug Cohen or, ..., and never will be and I am cool with that.
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Love all three, please give us more?
    Carl.
  7. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Matthew nice work and I look forward to you posting more.
    However I must disagree with you about these being your first posting of your work. If you recall, I started a thread called ' to paint or not to paint ' where because I'm a self confessed crap painter I painted a figure black and highlighted it in silver to make it appear Pewter and you were kind enough to lend your support by posting a bust you had completed in faux bronze called
    'The Lion of the North.' it started a good debate and thanks again(y):)

Cheers Ken
  8. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    You are correct Ken that was me.
  9. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    You guys are much too kind