1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Tramp & The Kid

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Lancer, May 26, 2005.

1. Lancer Active Member

Finished this one a few weeks ago. Not to happy with the end result, but what the heck!
    Base is a Diotech street section with lampost, newspapers are Verlinden.
    Cheers
    Mark

Attached Files:

2. Lancer Active Member

Here is another shot!

Attached Files:

3. Lancer Active Member

And a last one!

Attached Files:

4. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Mark, why aren't you happy with this one? It looks terrific ;) . I like figures that aren't so "mainstream" (even though I paint too many that are :lol: ). Acrylics or oils?

Jim Patrick
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Mark,

You must be happy with this great work.

marc
  6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Mark, I agree with the others,you should be very happy, you did nice job. ;)

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Roc. :)
  7. y_wong New Member

Dear Mark,

I can't imagine what you are not satisfied with the figures. To me they look good. They are well done and the subject is interesting.

regards :)
  8. Lancer Active Member

Hi all
    Thanks for the kind words and I guess the final product isn't too bad I just didn't get the effect I was trying to do. I was trying for some faded black trousers with a faded grey/blue jacket and ended up with a faded I don't know what. Sorry guys, sometimes I get a little frustrated with colors, especially trying for the faded or washed out look or warm and cool tones. Working on Soldiers 54mm Viking (the one crading the big axe on his right arm) and I can already see the fresh from the tailor look he's getting, drives me nuts!!
    Think I'll go prep some figures for a few days and start fresh next week!
    Cheers
    Mark
  9. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Puhh I cant understand your opinion. I wished I could paint the small figures like that one.
    the pic s a little pit yellow is this right?
    And I like the laterncolour with that light.
    I dont like the shield in front of, I think it s too big. Sorry but you buyed a wood socket which is not cheap and now you cant see it.
  10. Brad S Member

Mark

Looks very good. I have this figure and wish to start it also. I like the yellowish tint, because that is the color that the street light would cast. Nice job!

Brad Spelts