1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Taku Forts

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by Kentbirder, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Kentbirder New Member

I located a old Military Modelcraft International magazine, dated April 1997. It contained a review of Captain Souter and Captain Griffiths in 54mm produced by Taku Forts in Germany. The review also stated that these two figures were only the first part of a 25 figure ensemble to represent the last stand at Gandamack.Does anyone know if these two figures are still available or if any of the others were ever produced? I like the Retreat from Kabul kit produced by Time Machine Miniatures that contains three figures but not Captain Souter and have been informed that the sculptor is to busy to do additional figures for this kit. Now I also find that Elite Miniatures Captain Soulter has been discontinued. I am reluctant to buy this kit unless there is a chance I can locate other figures to go with it.So what happened to Taku Forts? Can anyone help with information please.

Dave, London.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    David,

Iff you are interested i have Captain Souter from Elite in my shellf.
    I think i never paint it, the box is open just for inspection. If you wanted to buy him shoot me an email.

marc
  3. custer760 Well-Known Member

hello Dave,
    Taku Forts went out of business some time ago,they were based here in Germany and the owner left (as far as I was told)lots of debts.
    The figures were not 54mm but 100mm !!!!
    My buddy Frank Konetzke still has the Captain Souter and 2 others if you are interested but as I said they are 100mm.
    Regards
    Pete
  4. Kentbirder New Member

Thank you Marc and Pete for your offers. Didn't know Taku Forts were 100mm. Now looks that I will have to wait and hope Time Machine add more figures to their kit.

Dave...
  5. brianjenglish New Member

Hi Marc.

Is there any chance you still have this figure and would be willing to sell it? Please contact me at: brianjenglish AT gmail DOT com

Thank you!
    brian