1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique The second Prinzesin Viktoria-Luise

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ulrich, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    I have started too with my Princess, but I fear Roger will finished it first, because he use acrylics and I paint with oil. And everyone knows how quick Roger paints.

First start with the face and cover the first time the uniform with black to see how the colors of the face works.

I think we will see two different versions of that bust

Ulrich

Attached Files:

2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Looking good so far, this is something quite different for me so I wouldn't count on me finishing before you. :D It's nice to be doing these together.

A good idea to paint in the black of the uniform. I think it will be a nice contrast between the skin colour and the uniform.

Have you seen this picture of her in "civvies"? I found it useful for the skin tones.

Roger.

Attached Files:

3. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ulrich, an excellent start. It's always great to see two threads on the same subject, especially one in Oils and the other in Acrylics, should be very interesting to see the different styles. However remember it's not a race, having said that, on your marks get set ...Go ;):D

Cheers Ken
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Slow Ulrich stands no chance! :D:D:D
  5. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    I will try to do my very best :p :cool: ;)

But at the same time I try to paint two of Andy´s pilot busts. So we will see

BTW Nice photo from the princess. I didn´t know that

Ulrich
  6. Ferris A Fixture

Nice start Ulrich.
    Interesting to compare with Roger's work in the other thread.

I get the impression you painted the eye lashes, at least with her right eye? The effect may need a slight bit of reinforcing, but I like it.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice start Ulrich.
    What is the texture on the skin???Looks like dust or alot of oilpaint.

Marc
  8. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Oh to have more time to paint!
  9. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice :)

Mark
  10. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    She's quite a babe. Lovely painting Ulrich. Her right eye could perhaps do with some refinement. The pupil could be slightly larger IMHO.
  11. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    @ Marc: Don´t know. Just seen it on the photo. When I paint the face (15mm high) I can see nothing, but there on photo. Will have a closer look at it.

@ Adrian and Tony: I am not really satisfied with the eyes at the moment. I think I will try it again.

And thanks for your nice comments

Ulrich
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I re-did the eyes on my Princes about four times Ulrich so your not alone.

Roger.
  13. PhilinYuma Member

United-States
    This may help:http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/56...143BC9C02FA7D5B0F627A411038E376A1C53391327B7B. At least it may provide the inspiration for a second bust!
    The Prinzessin is clearly wearing the insignia of three orders here; are they included in the kit? For once the Paul Saunders book(s) didn't help. The section on the Second Death's Head Hussar Regiment shows a picture of Victoria in uniform, but with her back turned to the camera!:(
    I shall be very interested to see the final product.
  14. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Ulrich,
    She,s progressing nicely,look forward to the finished bust.
    Andy
  15. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Philip

have problems with your link.

I think Ulrich Puchala had that photo taken for his bust

[IMG]

there are no medals included in the kit.

Ulrich
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  17. PhilinYuma Member

United-States
    Ulrich:
    The pic that roger posted of the prinzessen standing with the very tall -- and beautiful -- Kronprinzessen Cecilie is the same as mine. I'm not really sure what those decorations are and it was probably a good idea to leave them off the figure. I noticed on your pic that the poor princess is only given the rank of colonel (the highest rank consistent with her field officer's collar lace). I think that anyone so beautiful should have been made at least a majorgeneral!
  18. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  20. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Nice work so far Ulrich.