1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"The Scout" a post apocalyptic fantasy bust by Collapse Industries

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by lock-n-load, Jan 30, 2015.

1. lock-n-load Active Member

United-States
    Everyone....this is my first review of a kit here and I hope this is useful to someone. I recently saw a posting here about a viking raider figure with a gas mask by this same company ( http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/thought-this-might-have-some-interest-here.69165/#post-711321) and it got me curious as to their other products. I saw this item on their website and ordered one right away. I enjoy the fantasy, STALKER-like figures, and do not see too many on the market.
    Here is a link to the website (http://www.collapseindustries.com/post-apocalypse-kits/).
    Here is what the company has to say about the kit....

This piece Created by Bob Waltman is the first in the Collapse Series. He can be painted however you my see yourself surviving the wasteland. Features two hand options gun or gieger counter. Also features 55 gallon drum Base. The figure is roughly 1/6th scale cast in grey resin.

My kit arrived within a few days, via USPS priority mail. It came in a sturdy, plain brown box filled with packing peanuts. It was well packed and arrived safe and sound. The photos pretty much speak for themselves. The bust itself is approx 5" tall (@ 13 cm) and the barrel is approx 3" tall (@ 9 cm). It appears to be a very nice kit, with some mold seams, but nothing too major. The detail looks nice and crisp. No instructions are needed. Assembly is straightforward. The bust itself is resin, filled with a lightweight foam to keep weight to a minimum. The barrel is solid resin, and with it's weight, it would make a good display stand. No art or painting guide is included, but none is really needed. As with any true "fantasy" piece it really leaves that up to the individual modeler to decide...painting and color choices are limited only your imagination. the web site does show 2 completed kits in various camo outfits. I personally like the snow camo myself.

Thanks for reading, and again...I hope someone finds my contribution here useful. I have benefited greatly from the posting here, and hope i can 'give back" in some small way.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Good review and interesting kit..NO skin tones....Oh Yes:)
    Kirk Kirkland likes this.
  3. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great review thanks for taking the time to post . I have also been looking at this bust also . Now that I know that the barrel can be used as the base I like it even more . But I have to get the raider by the end of the month . Glad someone else took a look at the site. Looking to see what you do with this.
  4. lock-n-load Active Member

United-States
    My pleasure. I will post back once I start building/painting....however, there are a few projects in front of this one on my workbench.....
  5. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
  6. Kirk Kirkland Member

United-States
    Hey glad it made it safe and sound. We are working on basic instructions, but it's fairly simple. Thank you for ordering and reviewing it! It was one of our first molds a few years ago when we were developing the line. I need to tighten them up.
  7. lock-n-load Active Member

United-States
    Kirk:
    Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love this genre, and really like this kit. I am interested in pretty much anything with a gas mask!!! I look forward to future releases from Collapse Industries (I even dig the name!!).
    Mike
  8. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    I agree great looking stuff from them . I am ordering the raider viking I hope by the end of the month. Then this piece is also on my list .
  9. Kirk Kirkland Member

United-States
    image.jpg
    The collector coming soon also. We have all the molds but one for this. We are still trying to get the lens master to be smooth enough to be glass clear.
  10. lock-n-load Active Member

United-States
    Nice....please let us know when it is available...I want one!