1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP The Monster Mash

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jazz, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Please see below my latest project that is still ongoing. I like to make the occasional diarama and this is my version of the Monster Mash. I started out many years ago making Aurora model kits when I was a kid in the 1970's and the first kits I ever made were the famous Aurora monster models. This is my tribute to those kits. There is still a Mummy model to put in place on the left hand side.

The figures are mainly 54mm Andrea kits but a couple are from MDP and one is from Beneito. The rest is totally scratchbuilt from wood, balsa and cardboard. The cobwebs are made from bostick glue and the base is all home made. The statue figures are a couple of small Romans that you can pick up at most National Trust shops. The carpets are downloaded and printed from a dolls house website. The portraits are a couple of earings picked up at Hobby Craft with pictures of Morticia Adams and Lily Munster. Candlesticks and trimmings came out of my spares box. I printed off a moonlit picture of a castle that can be seen in the background through the broken window. The coffin is also scratchbuilt from balsa with a spare arm from the spares box hanging out.

I am having a lot of fun building this kit. Please let me know what you think.
    John.

Cimg5491.jpg

Cimg5560.jpg

Cimg5564.jpg

Cimg5568.jpg

CIMG5630.JPG

CIMG5633.JPG

View attachment 183209

View attachment 183209

Cimg5764.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Elia Active Member

Greece
    Very cool! Well done (y)

All the best,
    Elia :)
    Chris Mortimer and Jazz like this.
  3. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice one, Jazz!!
    (y)
    Jazz likes this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Jazz,

Do the monster mash .....Oooooerrrrr ...do the monster mash.....Ooooooooerrrrr

That looks great , you have a lot of imagination, a well thought out scene , well detailed , nicely painted

Now where are you displaying it then!

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    Wings5797, Chris Mortimer and Jazz like this.
  5. Helm A Fixture

England
    Very nice Jazz (y)
    Steve
    Jazz likes this.
  6. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    That's a brilliant idea jazz,I love it :)
    Jazz likes this.
  7. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    very nice in deed well done. I loved the old aurora kits takes me back it's a great tribute to the old kits .

Ian
    garyhiggins, Chris Mortimer and Jazz like this.
  8. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Thanks a lot guys.
  9. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A very imaginative and well laid out scene.

Andrew
    Jazz likes this.
  10. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Really cool great work right up my alley.
    Chris Mortimer and Jazz like this.
  11. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Photos are a tad small, for my old eyes, but this is a very imaginative diorama, masterfully done.
    Jazz likes this.
  12. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Excellent layout and idea!:) Would the address here be 1313 Mocking bird lane?:LOL:
    Jazz likes this.
  13. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
    Super stuff mate. I love it! I'm a big fan of monster movies and you have done them and us fans proud
    Jazz likes this.
  14. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Thanks fellas.
    Captainenglish, I have a bit of trouble resizing the photos to put on the site. They usually turn out huge and I have to shrink them down. It's all very hit and miss getting it right, but I will big up the final photo and put it on again so you can see it better.
  15. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Ive had a go at putting the last photo on in a bigger scale. Hope this looks better.
  16. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    That's great Jazz, how can you not love Monster Movies????? Brilliant(y)(y).
    Best wishes, Gary.
  17. swralph A Fixture

Real nice diorama,love it.
    Ralph.
  18. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    very, very good work.

Marc
  19. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Well, its nearly finished. I have just got to add a couple of rats to the scene and a nameplate from Nameit and its alls done. Have a look at the result and some close ups of the figures. Hope you like it. Please feel free to comment. John.

Cimg5773.jpg Cimg5765.jpg Cimg5766.jpg Cimg5767.jpg Cimg5768.jpg Cimg5769.jpg Cimg5771.jpg
  20. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Jazz,

Nice pictures mate ..my favourite has got to be the mummy but all are really nicely painted all contributing to a very imaginative piece.

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    Jazz likes this.