1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"The Hundred Years Wars"

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by elvis, Apr 7, 2005.

1. elvis A Fixture

This thread (topic) will deal with many different Knights of "The Hundred Years War". I will be painting many different Knights from this period from the many different armies that would represent "The Hundred Years War". With each Knight I will give you the sculpter's name and what Figure company makes the figure.

The first Knight I depict is an "English Herald" sculpted by my good friend Vincenzo Alberici.

[IMG]

Also, soon to be published will be my book, "Knights Of Christ". I will do a review for the members of the planet when the publisher releases an advanced copy for me.

As always, please feel free to ask any questions about the knights I will be painting.

Cheers,
    Luca

Luca's Planet Portfolio

Luca Olivieri Web site
  2. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Luca

I cant wait for this to be painted, your figure come out beautifully, superb painter

I would love a copy of this book as soon as available...
    Its a colourful period in history...

Dave
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hey Luca,

I'll waiting for the paint.
    No doubt that it is gonna be a beauty again.

Marc
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Luca has painted the face and sent me photos of his progress there.

[IMG]
  5. elvis A Fixture

:) ciao this is my oil undercoat, before to start a paint the face. ciao Luca
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Here is the next step of Luca's English Herald.

[IMG]
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Luca's next figure is Dauphin at The Battle of Agincourt.

[IMG]
  8. Guayo New Member

Hi Luca, Who is the Manufacture of the Dauphin at The Battle of Agincourt, great work on the face, please tell is not a conversion :(

Eduardo.
  9. amherbert Member

It's a conversion (different head, anyway) of a Pegaso French Knight at Agincourt (54-005). I'm just about finished that figure, built OOB. The neck armor is molded as an ellipse in the kit (to match the turned head = stoopid!!).

The link at Pegaso's site

You can't really see it there, but you can see the problem on Luca's conversion. Unless they built armor specialized for guys looking to their left...

Andy
  10. Guayo New Member

Yes andy, you are right, thanks, well another great conversion of our good friend Luca, this really looks good, those this head look familiar to you Andy? :(

Eduardo.
  11. amherbert Member

Hi

I've seen that head before, but I'm not sure. I think it's the head from Andrea's Norman Knight 1066 (the guy sitting on a rock).

this guy?

Andy
  12. elvis A Fixture

:) yes exactly. and the body is pegaso. ciao Luca
  13. Guayo New Member

Wow Andy 2 OF 2, this is a fantastic conversion :eek: ,

Eduardo.
  14. amherbert Member

And I'm just about finished the original Pegaso figure!

I gave him some nice fish for heraldry, and painting fleur-de-lis on his scabbard was a challenge. There are a few things left to do, but he is almost ready!!

It's a nice base figure, although not up to the standard of newer figures from Pegaso, with a few little errors and compromises.

Andy
  15. Guayo New Member

Hi Andy and Luca, the French Knight at Agincourt (54-005) is a old figure but with great quality, I like the face and pose, well also the armour, I dont know why but the manufacture should make more XIVc figures, the arms and armours of this era are beatiful :eek: .

Eduardo
  16. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Luca continues with the heraldry on this knight.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Luca is working late tonight and has sent me another photo of the heraldry.

Attached Files:

18. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Guy,

This is gonna be a great project, with great painted figures.

Marc
  19. elvis A Fixture

:lol: many thanks, my friend, yo are always very kind. ciao Luca :) :)
  20. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Luca is working late again tonight and sends me more photos of his heraldry

[IMG]

[IMG]

Many thanks Luca.......beautiful work