1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Few

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by david pickford, Feb 25, 2015.

1. david pickford Active Member

As a bit of light relief from the Sex Pistols I have started on this bust - Sang Eon Lee's 'the Few'
    This is actually the 4th bust I have done- I don't rate myself a straight figure painter, but I quite like busts as you can capture a bit of expression not so easy in smaller scales...
    I sprayed it up with an airbrush first as a change, and now onto the brushes... IMG_3921.JPG
  2. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

Like it.

I have one of these to do - I think it s one of the great releases of last year. One of the most poignant busts as well. Sums up a lot of emotions about the few.
  3. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Looks good, i'm sure the brushes will take care of the rest............................
  4. david pickford Active Member

yes gents (wayneb and Adrian) it is a cool release from last year!
    I have to confess - I have only copied the box art to date, which means it can only be 'almost as good as Sang Eon Lee' at best- but I don't mind because its a good exercise and I might learn something for my more serious projects!
  5. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

This isn't a serious project?
  6. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    It's a beautifully sculpted bust David & neat to see you bringing your personal touch to it.

I'm also working on this one myself, impressed by finesse of the detail.

Stay safe,

Mike
  7. david pickford Active Member

Adrian- I do it as well as I can, but not serious in that I'm copying the box art- so its more like practice.
    Mike is that yours I saw on FB- ( michael J Butler?) - if so, great job sir!
  8. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    One of the most beautiful pilot bust on the market !
    A piece of peace in a world in war !
    Joe55 likes this.