1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

the embush

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by romain, Jan 11, 2007.

1. romain Active Member

hello

this is one of my last job , ( the work is in progress ;) ) THe idea is not very original , but I am happy of my texture's work on the robot ( metal and rust effetc ) and on the ork ( leather effect and metallics )

All in 32 mm scale

I hope you like it , All comments are welcome !!

romain

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nicely done so far Romain! I really like the chipped and worn look of the paint on the helmet.

Jay h.
    OKC
  3. Brent Fordham New Member

Canada
    Now that brought a big smile to my face! Very well done. The weathering on the steel parts and the helmet is great.
  4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great painting on such a small scale!
    best regards
    christos
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Very good work on such a small scale.

Cheers
    Roc
  6. Hardy Guest

Love it, superb work.
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I cannot believe that this can be done on such a small scale.
    therefore, Romain i have to say that you did a tremendous paintjob.
    Your basework is also great.

Marc
  8. romain Active Member

I didn't spend a lot of time on the base , about 2 Days on it . the robot is now finishted ( 4 hours ) and the ork has taken more time because I realy discovered new technis and new texture >> about 30 hours
  9. godfather Member

splendid work on the metals..please share how you achieved such a realistic finish.
  10. romain Active Member

The metallic part on the shoulders are painted with pigments . I took a paintbrush and I cut it . It stay just small "hairs" at the end . I apply the pigment with this paintbrush on a dark metalic basecoat .( black + black mettalic from Prince August air paint ) After I fix them with a thiner . And I add another color of pigment .... I fix , I add ; I fix ... I add ......etc.....
  11. Szymon New Member

Very nice diorama, the effects are great.. can you tell how fine moss on stones was done and how do you put resin imitating water?