1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Calm Before The Storm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Sep 18, 2004.

1. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi guys :lol: ! I present to you my next project,a WW1 stormtrooper having a quiet moment with his pet cat before going off on a night raid. I got the idea after reading the book "Storm of Steel" by Ernst Junger. In it,he describes what he wore on one of his night raids to the French trench lines in Regnieville. What made the uniform interesting was the fact that the shoulder straps were removed and white arm bands were worn on both arms for identification purposes. I therefore made a generic raider complete with a knitted woollen toque. The cat is from Andrea and the SMG from Scale-link. I'll be working on the groundwork next and, hopefully,start on my painting after that ;) . As always,do let me know what you chaps think of it.Thanks for looking and cheers !
    Kenneth :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth, very nice work,interesting subject matter, the cat adds a nice touch to the scene.

Great having you back and keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Roc :)
  3. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Roc,my dear friend,thank you very much for the kind words :lol: ! Yes,it's great to be back at the "planet" and I hope to be a regular on the site again soon.Cheers !
    Kenneth ;)
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey Roger,thanks for the positive comments;I really appreciate them :lol: ! Cheers !
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    This looks fantastic Kenneth.......so good to see you back......alot of us missed you. Keep up the great work (y)
  6. jaime Member

Spain
    I like the idea. Now waiting for the next picture.

Cheers

Jaime
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kenneth, I think the sculpting on his clothing is your best yet. The spacing of the fingers is the only comment I can make.~Gary
  8. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Hi Kenneth, your figure is exelent! He is alive and has soul, and it is difficult to do.
    Well done!

Alex.
  9. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    VERY nice Kenneth! Great subject matter too. I enjoy seeing the human touch you give your subjects.
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Guy,my dear friend,thank you very much for the encouraging comments :lol: ! Yes,I missed you guys too and am really glad to be able to visit the "planet" again.Cheers !
  11. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Jaime,THANK YOU very much :lol: !! The next photo in the project will be coming on soon.Cheers !
    Kenneth ;)
  12. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Gary,my friend,THANKS for the positive comments to my latest efforts :lol: ! Well,if 2 different people pick on the same point,then I'd better do something about it :eek: ! The hand is actually a stock Historex resin piece that I thought had the right pose to it for my figure.Anyway,I went back and adjusted the gap between the fingers a bit and here is the result. What do you think of it now ? I hope the problem area is now corrected.Cheers !

[IMG]
  13. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey Alex,thanks for the encouraging comments;I really appreciate it (y) ! Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  14. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Jason,my dear friend,THANK YOU very much for the encouragement (y) :lol: !! I really enjoy doing such subjects too.Cheers !
  15. Pete_H New Member

Kenneth,
    You may want to reconsider the position of the SMG's sling. It should be slack and dangling towards the ground (this goes as well to its swivels on the weapon). Chalk that one up to gravity ;)
  16. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Pete,I guessed I missed that one there :eek: ! Here's the modified sling position. Hope it's correct now. Cheers !
    Kenneth ;)

[IMG]
  17. y_wong New Member

Hey Kenneth,

Glad to see you psoting again. A very interesting subject. Looking forward to its completion.

regards :)
  18. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey Wong Yau :lol: ! Thanks for the encouragement,my friend (y) ! I'm working on the groundwork right now.Cheers !
    Kenneth ;)
  19. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kenneth, BETTER! I agree with Jason the interaction between the soldier and the cat is great!~Gary
  20. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    What a great idea for a figure! Did you enjoy reading "Storm of Steel"? I thought it was fascinating. Save your money on his other well-known memoir "Copse 125", because it isn't a memoir at all, just one long rant of rabid bitter German nationalism/militarism.

I agree about the human touch to the figure. You have a gift with that. The fat cat is super! All the corrections you made as a result of Planetfigure member comments also improved the final appearance markedly.
    :)