1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP The Accordianist 1/16

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, May 5, 2011.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Greetings,
    The hands and instrument have been added.Although it is not well shown in these pics I am trying to reflect the curve of the accordian with the curve of the cobblestones.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Andrew.
    It is to late, but i think some bending in his right knee will give more movement and gives more stability to the figure.
  3. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice, Andy!!! I somewhat agree with Marc. The pose just looks a little stiff. The right ankle is flexed like it should be, but the knee just doesn't quite fit.

All the best,
    Dan
  4. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Perhaps this could be cured by raising the ground level under the weight bearing foot a bit. Perhaps that is what was intended as he looks like he's leaning back in pic # 2.

Colin
  5. Ferris A Fixture

Excellent. The drapery is your best so far IMO.
    I disagree with my figure compatriots above. I find the pose very convincing and original. In this pose the weight is almost fully on the left leg. This allows a relaxed stretching of the right leg ('resting' it on some object, such as the sidewalk like you sculpted it) and requires the body to lean back a bit for balance, like you sculpted. IMO this is correct and convincing.

Maybe the fact that the left boot floats over the surface a bit gives a confusing visual impression, but I'm sure that is only because you haven't finished yet. If this is solid on the ground, like the pose requires, I'm sure everything will look convincing.

I'm already interested in a copy when you're done. Please let me know how to get one...

Cheers,
    Adrian
  6. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    I think the pose would be OK if the right boot was positioned on the edge of the sidewalk, with the edge acting as a fulcrum that the guy is rocking his foot up and down on. The edge would go right in front of the heel. Perhaps he's leaning back and forth in time with the music. As he rocks back, the leg straightens, as he rocks forward, the knee would bend. That would also lower the left leg to street level. As it is it kinda looks like the foot could slide on the flat surface.
  7. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Very nice Andy, the trousers look especially good, watching.... Les
  8. redhorse Active Member

United-States
    The whole figure looks great, the drapery, boots, and I'm for some reason really impressed by the accordian itself.
  9. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent dynamics with the boots and breeches Andy!

Love the accordion too, you are the Propmaster!
  10. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Greetings,
    The figure is almost complete.The jacket has been modelled with the straps of the accordian to do and the hat and hair also.
    comments welcome.
    andy

Attached Files:

kaz6120 likes this.
  11. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    fantastic! really good job on this one!
  12. antonio argudo Well-Known Member

Spain
    absolutly great work, keep the good!
  13. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    The side cap and hair has been added.Only the instruments straps remain to be done,comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

14. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Andy great sculpting and an excellent finish . Congrats.

Cheers Ken