1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Teutonic standard bearer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, May 2, 2004.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi everyone,

My Teutonic standard bearer is ready so here are some picture, so you can give your critical opinion about it. The model is a 54mm white metal casting by Romeo models from Spain. It's painted entirely in acrylics.

As always I would love to hear your comments.

Cheers,

Gino.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    For my opinion you did very very good jobs on this 54er Figures.
    I cant believe how you did this on such small figures.
    I am specialy interested in the woodcoulor for the lance and the snow.
    I hope you can post more of your wonderful figures.
    Are you prefer only 54er?
  3. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    EXCELLENT,Gino,EXCELLENT (y) (y) !! Keep up the good work. The wood pattern on the lance looks AWESOME ! Cheers.
    Kenneth ;)
  4. rdclaeps New Member

Excellent work. What mixes did you use for the white and mail? thanks, Roger
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Gino,

Beautifull, Marvelous, etc. etc.
    explaine the woodcolors (i mean) how did you do it.
    Nice, colors.

I hope i see him soon in live.

Greetings Marc.
  6. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Gino nice job.I like the whites.... Mixture please :lol:

Stephen Mallia
  7. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

thnaks for the nice comments. It was a fun figure to paint, I might do him again in the future. I will then choose another heraldry though.

Wood: first I painted it Corck brown (Vallejo). It was then given a wash of Van Dijck Brown (Polycolour). I then drew in the wood grain using raw umber (PC). Highlights were corkbrown with natural wood (VA), then pure Natural wood and finally natural wood with white. Shading was done with black.

White: bese coat was pearle white (Andrea). To highlight I simply added white, and the highest highlights were done with pure white. Shadows were base colour with black to finnish with pure black for the deep shadows.

The snow is a mix of snowcast and satin and gloss varnish by Vallejo. I first built up the groundwork using Das clay.

Hi Stephan,

I do prefer 54mm, although I sometimes paint a large scale bust too. I also love the 75-80mm figures (even more then 54) and am now cleaning up a 90mm figure. This is my first, so I'll tell you more about it as it's finnished.

Hi Marc,

I'll bring the figure with me on tuesday at the clubmeeting.

Best wishes,

Gino.
  8. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Gino! Friggin OUTSTANDING! I got a cold shiver when I looked at this guy (not you Guy :lol: ). Excellent work on the whites. The shield really sets the figure off as well. Adds some color. Overall, this is my serious critical part here, great job. I really can't find much wrong with it. I'm sure you can as we all can with our own work. But looking at your finished piece, you inspired me to try whites some more.

Thanks for the inspiration,
    Jim Patrick
    (y)
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Gino,
    Nice work, keep it up.

Roc. :)
  10. Erikvb New Member

Gino!

Great figure!! I like the combination of the “cold face” , the white tunic and the snow.
    Hope to see him live soon!

We moeten snel weer eens wat afspreken!
    Laat maar weten wanner je weer wat tijd hebt!

Greetings Erik :lol:
  11. turcao New Member

Congratulations !
    The figure is amazing to a 54mm...very good painting job.
    The snow seems very real too!

How did you paint the EYES ? veri impressive....

Regards,

Arthur.