1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Teutonic Knight - 1211-1225

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tiberius57, Jul 19, 2015.

1. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Dear Friends,
    After I finished my latest project, I decided to continue the figure started in June during a painting seminar with Fernando Ruiz. I decided to go with a Teutonic Knight. I found an interesting episode in the history of the Order which took place between 1211 and 1225. More details when I'll finish the project. It was time to experiment all the new techniques learned during the seminar. I tried to stay as close as I could to the techniques. It was a very good exercise, discovering new ways. Now that I'm more familiar with them I'll try to integrate them in my own set of techniques. Quite an interesting and challenging process and most of all I had fun with them.
    Here is the composition and few pictures with the painting process, base and figure.
    Thanks for watching and if you have time let me know your thoughts.
    Cheers,
    Zeno :)

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

[IMG][IMG][IMG]

Here is how the figure looks today:
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    fermatgom, Aveleira, arxo and 14 others like this.
  2. vidaldiego Member

Black then white?, excellent idea to paint White..
    tiberius57 likes this.
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Nice to see you incorporating Fernando's techniques into your own style Zeno. The last thing the hobby needs is everyone painting exactly the same. Whatever you are doing, it's bloody effective!
    DaddyO and tiberius57 like this.
  4. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    looked at the first photo and thought he looked a little plain, then saw what you've done . . . .very nice :)
    tiberius57 likes this.
  5. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Very cool Zeno!
    Your whites look awesome. I really like the base work... very unique.

Look forward to seeing this up close

Colin
    tiberius57 likes this.
  6. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Looks great Zeno. A very dramatic result and an excellent paint job.
    Was fortunate to watch Fernando working on his own version and you've done Mike's sculpt proud.
    Mine has been stripped for the second time, I just can't get the face right........I might have to follow Satan's path and try acrylics.
    Cheers
    Derek
    Nicolaos, ChaosCossack and tiberius57 like this.
  7. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I agree, a very effective method and it looks superb.
    Regards
    Bob
    tiberius57 likes this.
  8. Nicolaos Well-Known Member

Great result, Zeno! I too like a lot your work on white and the groundwork, the whole composition looks to be an awesome surprise.

Can't wait to see the end!
    Cheers,
    Nicolae
    tiberius57 likes this.
  9. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks a lot for the great feedback! I don't know why but, working at this project, all the time I was thinking about the old dog trying to learn new tricks. :rolleyes:
    I'm very glad that this new "tool" works.
    Much appreciated guys!(y)
    Cheers,
    Zeno :)
    ChaosCossack likes this.