1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Templar sergeant

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, Jan 7, 2004.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Finally I have some time to work on this figure again. he's the one I love the most I'm working on this moment. For the shield I have tried a new technique (at least to me). The highlighting and shading was done by stippling paint on it with a piece of sponge the package figures in. It's just an experment, so I would LOVE to hear what you think of it. BTW, The dust will be blended with Mig pigments ones the figure is on his base.

Greetz,

Gino.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Finally I have some time to work on this figure again. he's the one I love the most I'm working on this moment. For the shield I have tried a new technique (at least to me). The highlighting and shading was done by stippling paint on it with a piece of sponge the package figures in. It's just an experment, so I would LOVE to hear what you think of it. BTW, The dust will be blended with Mig pigments ones the figure is on his base.

Greetz,

Gino.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looks good Gino............keep up the great work (y)
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looks good Gino............keep up the great work (y)
  7. jitch0t Member

Spain
    great idea using that sponge! i have a lot of them but i use them to lay my wrists while i paint... i'll try your idea for sure!

oh, and i can't wait to see it finished!
  8. jitch0t Member

Spain
    great idea using that sponge! i have a lot of them but i use them to lay my wrists while i paint... i'll try your idea for sure!

oh, and i can't wait to see it finished!
  9. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks great Gino! Love the shield. Keep it up (y)
  10. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks great Gino! Love the shield. Keep it up (y)
  11. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gino,

I think you have it!

Looks great!

Joe
  12. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gino,

I think you have it!

Looks great!

Joe
  13. johnbrewer New Member

Get well soon Gino.
  14. johnbrewer New Member

Get well soon Gino.
  15. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    First of all thanks for all the comments and the get well wishes. You guys are real friends. This figure has become "work" since a magazine (Military Modelling) wants an article on it. This means I have much more time to work on it. i hope to have it ready by the end of this week. Pics will be posted here of course. As for now I would like to hear all your thoughts and comments. Now I can still change things. The dirtying on the shield is still rough. it will be blended at the same time I weather the tunic.

Many thanks in advance for all your help,

Gino.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  16. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    First of all thanks for all the comments and the get well wishes. You guys are real friends. This figure has become "work" since a magazine (Military Modelling) wants an article on it. This means I have much more time to work on it. i hope to have it ready by the end of this week. Pics will be posted here of course. As for now I would like to hear all your thoughts and comments. Now I can still change things. The dirtying on the shield is still rough. it will be blended at the same time I weather the tunic.

Many thanks in advance for all your help,

Gino.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  17. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    That sponge technique works Gino, looks great.

Goed gedaan makker!
  18. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    That sponge technique works Gino, looks great.

Goed gedaan makker!