1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Templar Sergeant 13th Century.

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by FlyingDutchman, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Jazz A Fixture

England
    This is a nice rendition of a really hard to paint bust. I have this myself and found there to be too many wrinkles in the face and neck for my liking. I filled these in with milliput to smooth the skin out a bit. I also used photos of the actor James Gammon who this really resembles. The eyes are a nightmare to paint and on your version is the only part I can criticize. With mine I again filled the eyes so they were smooth and painted them looking to his left rather than straight on. It seems to humanize the bust a bit doing this. Just a few tips. I must get around to putting my version on here.
    John
    FlyingDutchman likes this.
  2. FlyingDutchman Active Member

Netherlands
    Thank you for the compliments and tips, appreciate it.
    Hope to see your version soon, would be nice to see what you did to the face and eyes. :)
    Jazz likes this.
  3. Jazz A Fixture

England
    I
    I've now put my version of this bust on works in progress. It doesn't look anywhere near as good as yours but I'm trying.
    John
  4. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    The buckle on the chin strap for the helmet could do with some extra attention but otherwise a pretty strong effort.