1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Templar Ironspine

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Glen, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Ok, let's try this again; with a figure that I haven't already posted (jeez...).

This is Reaper's Templar Ironspine, a small gaming mini. I have the impression that 'Ironspine' is a unit name. The figure is painted with Andrea, Vallejo, and Reaper paints, but the helmet, plate armor and pike blade are the polished and stained metal of the kit - something that seems a bit rare in the gaming world. Metallic paints or non-metallic metal painting styles seem to be the norm.

I don't suppose I've already posted the 54mm naked cowgirl armed with the Colts and shotgun, have I...?

Glen

Attached Files:

2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Fun piece Glen! Sorry about callin' ya on the carpet earlier, no harm meant. BTW, bring on the neked cowgirls.....WOOOOHOOOO!

Jay H.
    OKc
  3. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Glen
    I have to say that using polishing and washes on fantasy metal figures, particularly the ones with more of a fealistic rather than fantastical look works really well.
    Particularly when neatly done just like this ..... a little cracker.
    Regards
    Derek
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Glen,
    Good work on this figure.

marc
  5. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Ironspine, Darkrasp, or whatever I'm working on...

Don't worry about it Jay. I had a senior moment as a result of being in too much of a hurry. I would've caught it eventually (I think...). I do plan on bringing all the minis I complete to Tulsa. I have an idea for an old wizard-like dude ordering pizza. Oh, dang...

Del, I also posted this on Reaper's site (www.reapermini.com). It was well received and I had a number of questions about the polishing and staining methods. Perhaps some of them will try it. I use a motor-tool and a napped polishing drum to work over the armor plate and blades. Fairly easy on multi-part 54mm medieval troopies, but not so much on the 30mm one-piece minis due their tighter spaces.

Glen
  6. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Glen,
    Super little piece.
    Cheers,
    John
  7. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Glen great paintwork of this little fellow.

Marcel.
  8. dannyk01 New Member

Australia
    That looks very nice. I like the polished look a bit better than paint but if you do enoug hexperiment with the stuff, you can get it to look good also (mainly with the plactic kits). Each to his own i guess.

Daniel