1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Taking a break

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Jack10, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Jack10 Active Member

Finished this ss troop today. The camouflage didn't quite come out as i wanted though. Looked better than it does on the pics. Thought I'd use him with a little fountain diorama piece I bought the other day.
    IMG_1741.JPG IMG_1742.JPG IMG_1747.JPG IMG_1748.JPG
    Mariobusta, KenBoyle, swralph and 3 others like this.
  2. Chris Ribchester A Fixture

England
    Good little dio, camo looks fine, like it.

Chris
    Jack10 likes this.
  3. Jack10 Active Member

Added a base to it, better with or without the base? I'm not too sure about it IMG_1751.JPG
    swralph and napoleonpeart like this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

From a guy who only does busts my look on it is it looks a little lost on the groundwork which I think looks good ...perhaps add some stuff growing inbetween the stones and put it on a smaller base

Nap
    Jack10 likes this.
  5. swralph A Fixture

Looks nice:) that old Italeri fountain sure has seen the rounds.
    I'm with Nap and the suggestions he made are spot on.
    Otherwise keep having fun;).
    All the best.
    Ralph.
  6. Jack10 Active Member

Thought it looked an old kit. Was right at the back of my local model shop gathering dust! I've removed it from the base gonna find a smaller one
    swralph likes this.
  7. captfue Active Member

United-States
    Nice figure work...looks better with just the fountain, my 2cents
    Jack10 likes this.
  8. Bob Orr Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Like the idea. If I may offer a suggestion? You may want to spend a bit more time on preparation before painting as I still see some prominent mould lines along the rifle butt and along the side of his hand. These can be easily scraped away with a scalpel blade or file. Don't believe anyone you says, never mind the paint will cover it! As Nap says I think a smaller base would be better. Bob