1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed T800 Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kilsh, Jun 22, 2014.

1. kilsh Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi

Just completed this from ASR. Its a great sculpt an a fantastic likeness of Arnie. Moulding production is very impressive and well on a par with more established companies and better than many. Sergey offered me the optical option which I took and I would never has made a neat a job as it was in the kit. Richard at Oakwood kindly made me a routered base to take the electronics which must have been a real pain as cutting the stuff is a nightmare.

Only real problem was the fine resin bracket holding the sights to the pistol was warped and no end of boiling water would stop it from reverting. Finally I used a small pin to keep it straight.

Flesh and leather in oils, rest acrylics and Alclad with a fire grate wash for the pistol to get the graining effect. An enjoyable diversion from my usual stuff.

[IMG]IMG_1469 by neilkilshaw, on Flickr

[IMG]IMG_1479 by neilkilshaw, on Flickr

[IMG]IMG_1478 by neilkilshaw, on Flickr

[IMG]IMG_1477 by neilkilshaw, on Flickr
    Erbay and Karlosfandango like this.
  2. swralph A Fixture

Nice paintwork
    kilsh likes this.
  3. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

Very cool - like the effect you have with the electronic eye. And the sunglasses

I can't see on the photo's but Arnie did have eyebrows - it may just be the lighting in the photo - I am doing the same bust and have put in a dark eyebrow to be highlighted - not finished yet.
    kilsh likes this.
  4. kilsh Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the likes and comments

Adrian you win the prize for spotting the missing eyebrows!

Back under the brush then

Cheers

Neil
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent Neil.(y)
    kilsh likes this.
  6. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

I know the problem - when you see the images of Arnie in sunglasses the eyebrows don't register - then you see him without sunglasses and his eyebrows are quite blonde compared to his hair.
    kilsh likes this.
  7. kilsh Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    You are right Adrian, bit odd really, think they may be tricky to get right too. Il will give a go at the weekend.

Looking forward to seeing your version

Cheers

Neil