1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sword and Brush 2015 - Nov 21, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by Alex M., Sep 25, 2015.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks for posting those Zeno, it looks like a great show.
    tiberius57 likes this.
  2. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    For a first time show (and competing with Long Island), it was IMHO, a great success. Congrats and thanks to a crew of people but in particular, the organisers, Alex McCutcheon and Anthony Watt of The Bent Bristle and retired fire captain Tom Karnas, for securing the use of Toronto Fire Services training academy facilities. Good and varied selection of vendors (happily added to my grey army) and an impressive array of entries. I picked up the Show American Rev figure (Queen's Rifles) which is even better than the earlier test shots. Good seeing my old mates including Dave Brown and Jim Johnston. Judges Best of Show was the Vickers Gunbus (sorry, I don't remember the People's choice). Looking forward to bigger things next year.(y)
    ChaosCossack, tiberius57 and crf like this.
  3. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada

Hey all,

I second Paul's thank-you's and extend them to include all of the figure nerds and others who showed up and made the show as successful as it was. Next year's Sword 'n Brush is slated for September, 2016 so everyone can go to both our show and Long Island with a clear conscience! ;)

Along with Harvey Low's Vickers Gunbus (ironic that the BOS of an inaugural figgie show should be a thingy-with-wingies, but it was indeed an awesome piece of modelling), the People's Choice Best of Show was Mathieu Fontaine's jaw-droppingly inspiring piece, "St. George"; Zeno snapped a few pics of it and included them with his show pics further up this thread.

Cheers,

Brian
    ChaosCossack, crf and tiberius57 like this.
  4. Alex M. Active Member

Canada
    It was a truly awesome day! The turnout was amazing, lots of very high quality work on display - thanks for the pictures Zeno, and when I have the chance to connect with our photographer, I will get some photos up on the site, along with the list of awards!
    ChaosCossack, sd0324 and tiberius57 like this.
  5. Trex Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the pictures Zeno.
    ChaosCossack and tiberius57 like this.
  6. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Great pics Zeno, thank you for sharing. This looked like a great show and I regret not being able to attend. Glad a good time was had by all and maybe next year....

Steve Deyo
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  7. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Great pics Zeno, thanx for posting!!!
    I had a fantastic time yesterday! It's very satisfying after weeks of prep work to see everything come together so well... Thanx to Alex and Anthony for ramrodding the whole affair, and to the rest of the SWOFC members that threw in to get this event off the ground.

There was a great turn out for the first show... some fabulous works and good people! Congrats to all competitors who put out their great models on the tables. I can't wait until next year, bigger and better than this one.

Thanks to all involved... Toronto and Ontario modellers deserve a proper figure show like this!!!

See you next year

Colin
    tiberius57 likes this.
  8. Watts Member

Canada
    What a great weekend! Thanks to everyone from SWOFC for helping to make this a success, and to everyone who came out to support us in our first show. Looks like we got something good going, hope to see even more people out next year!
  9. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you won't be conflicting with Long Island next year. Both events should benefit from that.
  10. Watts Member

Canada
    Yep, totally our mistake! We'll most likely be in mid-September next year.
    tiberius57 likes this.
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks for sharing.
    Looks a great show, with awesome work on display

Marc
  12. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for sharing the pics . The show looks like it went well . How far would this be from Cleveland ohio? Just a thought.
  13. Watts Member

Canada
    samson - looks like it would be about a 5 hour drive according to Google maps.
  14. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    OK good to know thanks.
  15. Ray Welshman Active Member

Guys looks like it was a great show. I'm very glad for you guys. I had full intentions of coming and almost had it booked but something personal came up that I had to take care of and kind of cut my funds down. Glad I didnt in a way there some excellent quality there and I may have embarrassed myself :). Great shots Zeno and well done guys.

Cheers

Ray
  16. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Hi Ray,
    We missed you and Glen. As you noticed, next year the show will be in September. Hope to see you both then.
    Cheers,
    Zeno :)
  17. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well done guys looks like it was a great show with plenty to admire. I think you will go from strength to strength with this one. some great photos of some great stuff.

well done to the team

cheers

ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
  18. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    A whole treasure house of excellent work on display, there. I hope all your efforts go from strength to strength.(y)(y)

Alan
  19. John Ballard Well-Known Member

Congratulations to everyone involved in this show. I have it marked in my agenda for next year.

John
    ChaosCossack, tiberius57 and crf like this.
  20. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    Just seen this now. You guys are to be congratulated for a great Show!! Participation and quality look to be top notch!! Thanks for the pics.

Bob
    tiberius57 likes this.