1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sure shot

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, Jan 7, 2007.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

Included a picture of a figure I'm doing for a private collector. It's in whitemetal and by Elisena. Allthogh the box says it's 54mm, in reality it's closer to 65mm.

All painting is done with acrylics and inks while some Mig and Andrea pigments are used to create a light dusteffect.

All comments are more then welcome.

Greetz,

Gino

[IMG]
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Gino,
    Nice start on this figure. The collector good be very proud of this one.
    Before you give it to him i should look again at the eyes.
    But as always in life everything looks better then in a picture. So, i'll trust my eyes when i see him, maybe next tuesday.

marc
  3. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Great work so far, Gino (y)

cheers!
    Artur
  4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good so far Gino,kee us posted!
    best regards
    christos
  5. madeg Active Member

Nice work Gino. I still haven't found the tricks to paint in acrylics .
    I should take some lessons and parctice .
    I always start with a lot of courage but at the end I finish always in oils .
    What's the secret ? :)

One dayI hope to get it under controle :lol:
  6. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    So far so good Gino. Lovely camo indeed. Keep up the good work.

Xenofon
  7. mister greg Active Member

Salut Gino ( et bonne année)

Superbe travail sur le visage et la camouflage...

A bientôt

Greg
  8. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    good start
    keep us updated
  9. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

Thank you very much for the replies. It's uch appreciated.

Hi Marc,

I don't know what to change at the eyes. I did them (well it, there's only one ope) the same way as usual. If I make it to the next meeting, and if I still have the figure, maybe you can show me how?

Hi other Mark (famous from Belgian television ;)

For me there are 3 tricks to paint withacryllics:

1) I NEVER shake my paint. Instead I'll let all the pigment sink to the bottom,get rid of the dillution and dillute with demineralized water.

2) Dillution is very important. It's better to dillute too much and go over the same area one more time, then not dillute enough, which I find much harder to correct.

3) Always unload your brush before touching the figure. You will be surprised how much paint still is in the brush when it seems there's nothing in it anymore. This makes it also much easier to control your brushstrokes.

I hope this helps.

Here are some pics of how the figure looked like before the weekend. I'm now working on the trousers and the groundwork. When finnished I'll post some more pics.

greetz,

Gino

[IMG]

[IMG]
  10. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

Thank you very much for the replies. It's uch appreciated.

Hi Marc,

I don't know what to change at the eyes. I did them (well it, there's only one ope) the same way as usual. If I make it to the next meeting, and if I still have the figure, maybe you can show me how?

Hi other Mark (famous from Belgian television ;)

For me there are 3 tricks to paint withacryllics:

1) I NEVER shake my paint. Instead I'll let all the pigment sink to the bottom,get rid of the dillution and dillute with demineralized water.

2) Dillution is very important. It's better to dillute too much and go over the same area one more time, then not dillute enough, which I find much harder to correct.

3) Always unload your brush before touching the figure. You will be surprised how much paint still is in the brush when it seems there's nothing in it anymore. This makes it also much easier to control your brushstrokes.

I hope this helps.

Here are some pics of how the figure looked like before the weekend. I'm now working on the trousers and the groundwork. When finnished I'll post some more pics.

greetz,

Gino

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gino,
    this guy is coming along VERY nicely! Keep us posted!

Jay H.
    OKC
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hey Gino,

You mentioned what i thought it was wrong. The one eye is opened and the other is closed. I so the closed a for mispainting.
    Excuse me for that.
    See you 6 februari.

Marc
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hey Gino,

You mentioned what i thought it was wrong. The one eye is opened and the other is closed. I so the closed a for mispainting.
    Excuse me for that.
    See you 6 februari.

Marc
  14. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    it's getting better and better.

Ps if you would use oils you wouldn't need to use demineralized water. it's so much easier ! :)
  15. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Then I need to use turps which smell much more and taste much worse. Yes, I lick my brushes and sometimes there's paint on it. This way my lips get coloured and I have "proof" for the wife that I have been working :lol:

Gino
  16. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Sure shot finnished

Hi guys,

Included some pictures of the finnished figure. It's an Elisena white metal odel and meassures about 65mm. All painting was done using acryllics and inks and some Mig and Andra pigments were used to weather the figure.
    The groundwork is a mix of Magic Sculp and Mig pigments. I also used products from Joefix, El Viejo Dragon, Heki, Realgrass, Rayher, Plusmodels and some natural products. The wooden base is by Pegaso.

As always I wouldlove to hear your comments,critiques and tips to improve my next figure.

Greetz,

Gino

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  17. primus Member

You say you use inks;for what excatly? Btw,nice painting!
  18. primus Member

You say you use inks;for what excatly? Btw,nice painting!
  19. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great painted figure Gino. The base is also stunning.
    Pitty that we couldn't see last thuesday. Hope we get some more light next week.

Marc
  20. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    A W E S O M E,

Gino, congratulations. This is a superb figure.
    Rafa