1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Stormin Norman - WIP 1.5

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ferris, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Ferris A Fixture

Hi guys,

Progress has been really slow, not enough to be called a WIP 2 really, more a WIP 1.5, but I am starting to get closer to the finish line: I took quite some time to make the webbing look interesting. The top half of Schwarzkopf is finished now, except for his name and US ARMY tags above the breast pockets. These will be done using self-made decals, see last picture.

Now it's on with the trousers, boots and groundwork, which I hope will come along a bit quicker now that I have this camo type 'in the brushes' as it were....

Hope you like the result, but I'm happy to hear any feedback.

Cheers,
    Adrian

Attached Files:

2. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Adrian he looks great. This camo really is an eyecatcher!
  3. Gummisheep Member

Hungary
    Great job!
    You painting one one of my favourite camo.
    I cant wait to see the next steps.....
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Stunning camo Adrien:eek:(y)
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Not my periode of interest, but this is one hell of a paintjob.
    Great work.

marc
  6. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I like it a lot. Its comming along very well. Camo looks great.
  7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    You've really captured the big fellas character, and great camo.
    Carl.
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Adrian,

Excellent work mate. The camo and the face look spot on.

Did you know that Verlinden has a set of rub on decals for modern US soliders in 120mm that includes Schwarzkopf's cloth name badge??
  9. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Hi! Adrian.
    Excellent progress!
    The CAMO pattern is very cool.
    A facial expression is also Good.
    I have painted this figure.
    I think it wasn't written on a package that these figures are STOMI’N Norman.
    I had a name seat, so I could understand that I'm the person himself.
    I'm looking forward to completion of your work very much.

Mitsutaka
  10. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    oh man, I don't know how I almost missed this. Stormin Norman is one of my favorite personalities. The camo lloks excellent, I look forward to the finished figure and what you do on the groundwork.
  11. Ferris A Fixture

Dimitrios, Roland, Pedro, Marc, Michael, Carl: Thanks so much! Your positive comments make me continue my slow progress with this one!

Tony, Thanks man. No, I didn't know about the Verlinden decals. Thanks for the heads up, but since I recently found out how easy it is to make your own decals with clear decal sheet and a good laser printer (at work...;-) I find it more fun to tailor make my own ones! I did the nazi eagle on my SS tanker in the same way and I am amazed by the resolution of an office laser printer!

Mitsutaka, Thank you very much. You are right, it is not explicitly listed on the packaging that this figure depicts Norman Schwarzkopf. It just says 'US General'. The likeness is very well done I must say. Thanks for your nice comments.

Mike, Thanks! The groundwork is going to be very simple: just a well-trampled on piece of desert dirt, done with plenty of pastels and airbrushed Tamiya Buff!

Thanks guys! I hope to post an update soon.

Cheers,
    Adrian