1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Stoke on Trent Model Show in conjuction with Figureworld West

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by valiant, Sep 9, 2016.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Nap! Still loads to do, loose ends to tie up, but we are making headway - I cant believe it's only 5 weeks to go - really looking forward to seeing everyone there!(y)
    swralph and napoleonpeart like this.
  2. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Just to add that we have had contact with a local chap (to us, anyway!) who makes lovely paintbrushes to order and who will be trading with us at the show.

His name is David Jackson and here is his FB page, https://www.facebook.com/people/David-Jackson/100002946283913

Check him out. His prices are very competitive and the quality is top drawer!

See you at the show..(y)
    Helm likes this.
  3. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

Just had this from Adrian, regarding the show....

FigureWorld West – Reason #2
    What, there’s more reasons needed to visit the first FigureWorld on the western side of Britain ?
    Well OK then, if you must.
    How about the traders, FigureWorld is known for inviting some of the best traders in Britain to attend, and FigureWorld West will be no different. All the regulars are coming along :-
    SK Miniatures,
    Oakwood Studios,
    Mitch’s Military Models,
    MDP ( Model Design Productions )
    Elan Miniatures
    Oh there’s more, but then if we told you about everyone, then it’d hardly be half as much fun.
    So bring money, we guarantee that you’ll need it, because these guys will be tempting you with resin, white metal, paints accessories and reading matter.
    Come on, you know you’re worth it !
    So, Reason #2 for coming along to FigureWorld West – the wild and wonderful things you can buy with your hard earned money.
    FigureWorld West, Sunday the 19th March at the Sir Stanley Matthews Academy, Beaconsfield Drive, Blurton, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, ST3 3JD
    Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/FigureworldModelShow/?fref=ts
    Cheers, chaps!(y)
    anstontyke, Jazz and swralph like this.
  4. swralph A Fixture

Less than 4 weeks to go:).
    I've saved me up a chunk of money to spend(been resisting ebay offers).
    I've not looked forward to something so much in years.
    napoleonpeart and Jazz like this.
  5. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good to hear Ralph - I hope we don't disappoint you !(y)
    swralph and Jazz like this.
  6. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Me again, folks! Just to say that top figure painter and joint organiser of the new Euro show, Adrian Hopwood has stepped into the breach and very kindly offered to do a figure painting demo for us during the day, which will be on a "drop in " basis. We have a sculptor called Joe Bailey "Joe bailey, Design and Scuplture", who will be working on one of his amazing sculpts throughout the day, so please feel free to watch him at work. We also have demos from Notts MAFVA and award winning modeller, Phil Stutcinkas, renowned for his awesome diorama work, at various times during the day.

And finally, yours truly has been coerced into giving a demo of some of my techniques for figure modelling/sculpting - so if you want to come and have a look at what not to do and avoid my mistakes, come and have a laugh, I mean look!(y)
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Nice lot of things going on there Steve

Well done to you and all for doing their stuff ....

Might have to coerce you for Bugle Call mate !

Have a great show everybody

Nap
    valiant likes this.
  8. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    FigureWorld West – Reason #3
    The Models........
    Finished models, part painted models, ideas on the back of a fag-packet models; it doesn’t matter, so long as they’re figures or vehicles with a full crew standing outside of it, they’re all welcome.
    Beginners – especially beginners – hardened veterans and anyone in between. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been sculpting or painting them; what matters is that you make them.
    If you’ve not been to FigureWorld before, then the whole idea is to provide a stress free place for figure modellers to gather, meet and talk about models, their latest projects and even the stumbling blocks they’re encountering.
    So come along and see some of the best models in Britain up close rather than just photos on the ‘net.
    So, Reason #3 for coming along to FigureWorld West – the models on display, being able to see them up close and also being able to speak to the people that have made them.
    FigureWorld West, Sunday the 19th March at the Sir Stanley Matthews Academy, Beaconsfield Drive, Blurton, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, ST3 3JD
  9. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys,

Some info regarding the show next week,
    SET UP TIMES NOTICE FOR TRADERS AND DISPLAYING CLUBS!!!
    We will be allowed into the building from 7:30am on the Sunday.
    There is a small car park and loading bay near the hall doors that will allow people to park and unload, so we are asking that once you have unloaded that you please move your car to the main lower car park to avoid accidents, allow others to unload, and to keep the loading bay and disabled spaces free for the show. Thanks for your cooperation in this.
    There will be several of us around inside and out to help out.
    Looking forward to seeing you all next Sunday!

cheers, (y)
    anstontyke and swralph like this.
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    See you next week Steve
    anstontyke and valiant like this.
  11. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking forward to it, Steve see ya nice and early . (y)

Cheers Ken
  12. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Question for Steve (Valiant).
    Sorry to be a pain mate but what time does the competition close its doors to entries?
    John
  13. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi John - Probably around 12.00/12.30. If there's any change Ill post here.

Its our last club meet tonight before the show - everything is pretty much ironed out, traders booked and placed, clubs booked and placed, refreshments in place, tombola stocked, trophies made, displays checked, all of us allocated jobs for the day, demos arranged, signage sorted - so all we need to make a memorable day is lots of visitors! We look forward to welcoming everyone, old friends and new, on the day. If anyone has any questions or issues on the day, please stop one of us and ask. We will be very visible in black and white shirts and will try to help in any way we can. I have the PF logo on my shirt so please come and say hello - Im sure to be hovering around the FW area for most of the day!

Looking forward to Sunday, see you there!

Steve and the rest of SOTMC(y)
    anstontyke, Jazz and peedee like this.
  14. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve sendung my very best wishes for the fial run in for the show.
    It's a step up for you all with the added attractions this year to a show that I love anyway as you know.

Above all I hope you all enjoy the day.

See you there.

Paul.
  15. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys,

This, from FB,

FigureWorld West – Reason #4
    It’s getting close now !!!
    Yes, only days to go before the show and hopefully there’s plenty of you going to travel to the very first FigureWorld West.
    The Stoke Model Club members are planning the layout of the halls, they’ve sorted out a few people to demonstrate their skills and hunted down the best traders.
    Keep it quiet, but there’s a competition too.
    However, in the FigureWorld hall, we’ll be busy putting the displays of figures together, chatting with friends old and new and generally relaxing.
    Lots to see, lots to buy, lots to talk about
    So, Reason #4 for coming along to FigureWorld West – Because we’d like it to be every bit as good as the Original FigureWorld, every bit as welcoming, and every bit as much fun....... just that it’s on the opposite side of the country. And of course a very big “thank you” to the guys and gals of the Stoke Model club for doing all the hard work of putting the Stoke Model show together and for wanting to add FigureWorld in to their show.

See you Sunday!(y)
    anstontyke, mil-mart and peedee like this.
  16. Nap Moderator

England
    Steve

Well done to all only wish I could make it , great idea to have FW running alongside this .

Loads of pictures pkease !

Have a great day

Nap
    valiant and anstontyke like this.
  17. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys - Just to clarify, that we will be on site from 7.30 Sunday morning for clubs and traders to set up. If I could politely ask that once unloaded, vehicles could be moved from the loading bay/disabled car park, to the main carpark, this will greatly assist us in managing the set up process and allow the disabled carpark to be used for visitors to the show.

Thanks all for your kind consideration(y)
    anstontyke and peedee like this.
  18. Helm A Fixture

England
    I have a bad leg can I park in the disabled bay :angelic:
  19. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well, its upon us tomorrow! Just a pic of one of the 4 areas set up, waiting to see what wonderful models you all bring and look forward to meeting everyone and having a chat!

We will be in bright and early tomorrow and the initial forecast for rain now looks like we will avoid it, so fingers crossed! I hope those of you travelling in have a safe journey, the burger man will have the kettle on for a well earned brew!

See you tomorrow(y) set up.jpg
    anstontyke, Jazz, swralph and 2 others like this.
  20. swralph A Fixture

oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh