1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Stoke Model Show/Figureworld West, 25th March 2018

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by valiant, Jul 31, 2017.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

Just a little reminder to put this one in your diaries for next year. We are again hosting Figureworld West alongside the club show, at Sir Stanley Matthews Academy, Blurton, SOT and it promises to build further, on this year's success.

I will post further details as we get things together, but will look forward to meeting old and new faces again, next year.

Steve(y)
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Nice one Steve

Going to try and get to the show and a FW as well ..bargain

Nap
    garyhiggins and valiant like this.
  3. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Me, me, me, book me tables pleeeeeeeeease.

Usual fee.....Cake.

P
    garyhiggins and valiant like this.
  4. red tom Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Book me in as well Steve please.
    garyhiggins and peedee like this.
  5. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Book him in next to us then Steve, his droning on and on keeps me awake nicely, and saves money on a carer.
    :D :D

P
  6. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Consider it done - would sir also like a commode supplying, to save on trips to the little boy's room....?!(y)
  7. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'll be fine thanks....I shall ask Tom.;)
    Tecumsea, garyhiggins and valiant like this.
  8. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Me too please, hopefully ?

Best wishes, Gary.
    valiant and peedee like this.
  9. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Gary - it'll be great to see you there!(y)
  10. swralph A Fixture

Hopefully I'll make it again.
  11. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice one, Ralph - look forward to seeing you again(y)
    swralph and peedee like this.
  12. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    After a successful booking drive at the recent shows, we now have over 40 clubs booked in for our show next year, so it is measuring up to be a big one! We have secured more space to exhibit, will be hosting Figureworld West, have more traders attending, as well as demos and re enactors. We look foward to seeing as many people as possible and hope that it all pans out to be a roaring success!

Hope to see you there!(y)
  13. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys -the new flyer for next year's show - hope to see you there(y) show flyer 2018.jpg
    swralph likes this.
  14. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  15. Helm A Fixture

England
    looks great Steve can't wait
    Steve
    valiant likes this.
  16. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well guys, March will be upon us before we know it - the floor plan is coming together, traders booked, 40 plus clubs confirmed, more space booked to fit it all into and re enactors sorted - just the task of setting up the tables and getting everyone in and parked up to worry about!!

I hope some of you can make it - it would be great if we could smash last year's footfall.

many thanks and hopefully see you in March

Steve(y)
    swralph likes this.
  17. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys - for those who are coming to the show and wish to enter the comp, here are the rules and classes straight from our website,

As part of our show we always offer a FUN competition. Following on from the success of last year’s competition we are hoping to have another amazing competition. We are always open to feedback, and have thought carefully about what we would like to see in a competition at any club. Hopefully, you will find the changes beneficial as well.

Our judges last year stated that the standard of entries was very high and they had a difficult time picking the winners for each category.
    Let’s see this continue

Competition Rules

1. Entries in to the competition will be anonymous, as it is a judgement on individual models.
    2. Models are to be entered for judging before 12 noon. Any models bought along after maybe turned away dependant on the organisers wishes on the day.
    3. The judges’ decisions are final; any ill will directed at judges will not be tolerated. The competition is intended to be fun, and to show off your model.
    4. All creators of the model must be named on the entry form.
    5. Any model not securely attached to its base must be marked clearly with the words ‘model unsecured’ so that accidental damage is avoided if the model is moved.
    6. The organisers reserve the right to move any model and its base in order to make more room or to photograph once placed by the competitor.
    7. While every effort will be made to make sure your models are returned to you in the same condition they were placed into the competition, accidents do happen, and judges cannot be held responsible if a model is damaged.
    8. A junior modeller is under 16, and can enter any category should they choose to.
    9. As the junior category is judged independently, any junior, even those of the club can enter.
    10. Results will be announced as early as possible and we ask competitors not to remove your models before 3.30pm so they can be photographed for publicity etc.
    11. Any queries of rules must be put to the competitions organisers prior to judging.
    12. Entering a model into any class will be deemed an acceptance of the rules.
    13. Failure to adhere to the rules may result in disqualification and will be the decision of the organisers on the day.
    14. Lastly please have fun! After all it is a hobby we all enjoy. No bad will is intended and so none is expected.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.13)]

[/COLOR]

Competition Categories.

1. Aircraft, smaller than 1/48th
    2. Aircraft, 1/48th and above
    3. Maritime, any scale
    4. Military Vehicles, any scale
    5. Vignettes, up to 3 models on a base
    6. Dioramas, 4 or more models on a base
    7. Figures, any scale
    8. Busts, any scale
    9. Sci-fi, any scale
    10. Fantasy, any scale
    11. Junior, entrants must be under 16
    12. Miscellaneous, any subject, any scale
    Information:
    Any model can be posed with a single figure or vehicle for indication of scale. More than 2 models please see categories 5 and 6.

Entry Fee:
    Adults (per entry) - £1
    Juniors – Free of Charge

If you need more info, please contact me here, or via our FB page.

Cheers

Steve(y)
    swralph and Helm like this.
  18. swralph A Fixture

My Son has booked the day off from work so I will be coming again:).
    valiant likes this.
  19. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice one, Ralph - look forward to seeing you there!(y)
    swralph likes this.
  20. Jazz A Fixture

England
    You know, I used to like going to this show. But to be honest I'm put off by the figure scale category in the competition. When I see different scale categories for aircraft I fail to understand why there can't be seperate scales for figures too. As we all know there is so much difference in detail between a 30mm figure and a 120mm figure, so I personally don't understand why they are all lumped together in this way. For future events can't we have different scale categories for figures. This is just my opinion.
    John